icon

fortin users

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  

I am bringing in some EVOALL units because i am tired of all the BS involved with some Idatalink software. I recently started a new Nissan account and i'm tired of the long install on Altima/Maxima. The Fortin looks 10 times easier since you don't go to the BCM at all. Has anybody done one using Fortin?

Also, i notice the 80bit Toyota stuff doesn't show the security light connection like it does with Idatalink. I did a Rav4 yesterday and had to pull the radio just for this connection. Will the light be an issue with Fortin?

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
i have used the fortin as my primary piece for all nissan/infiniti vehicles. easy install, and no bcm connections or ipdm relay under the hood(most models)
just a tip the 2011+ nissans have non removable bcms. they use some special rounded screw. its a tamper proof screw (one way) and you can buy the tool from amazon, or it's impossible to remove without it. will PM you the part number.
i dont think the security light is an issue, since each manufacture has their own software/coding for bypassing
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
I have done a Rogue, Armada, and a 09 Murano. I haven't done a Maxima/Altima yet. I must say, I really liked using the new software on the Fortin EVO. I used the EVO-CAN on all three of these Cars. The Firmware works perfect. The install time was cut down to an hour on a Rogue and Murano. Used to take me a little over 2 hrs. Armada was quick also, but I have never done one with an Idatalink before, so I can't compare it.
What I really like about the Murano was the takeover. This car has a keyslot and you carry an intellakey with you but once you get in the car, you can't just push the "push to start" button. You are supposed to slide the intellakey into a slot on the dash where it stays the whole time you are driving. Once its in the slot you can push the "push to start" and the car will start up. Well, with the new fortin firmware, while the Murano is running by the remote starter, you just hit unlock and get into the car and drive away. No need to put the key in the slot. I've used Idatalink on this car and when you open the door, it shuts down. Then you put the key in the slot and restart it. Kinda sucks, but that was the way it was before Fortin came out with their new firmware.
On the Murano install, you needed to access a wire on the push to start button. On the Murano, its mounted to the left of the radio. So I had to take that panel off to get to the wire. So that took a few minutes extra. But better then having to get to the BCM. Also, if you really want to stay away from the BCM, then you need to find new locations for ignition and 12 volt power. On the Murano, I found it pretty quickly at the fusebox with my meter. But before, the manuals laid out every wire for us, it was just that they all were at the BCM.
Also, from what I read. Since its starting the car using the "push to start" button. On the Altima, the AC will work with remote start.
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
Fortin electronics has the best bypass for any cars, I am a Master Installer with this bypass.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
Oh, As for the RAV 4 with a 80bit key. My wife has one, and I am using a KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL. The car is 2 years old now, and it works perfect. No need for the security wire for any of the Toyota 80-Bit. I have always used Fortin for Toyota Regular key. So, when 80 Bit came out I continued to use them. One day, I'm looking at Idatalinks products and manuals, and see the security light interrupted. I remember thinking how hard some of those might be to get to. I was glad I was using Fortin for a Toyota bypass. The only thing is that Fortin doesn't have anything like the TL1, TL2, TL3, TL4 Firmware. Try to do a push to start toyota with out the TL firmware using a keyoverride-all and see how many wires you need to run... I still use Idatalink for Toyota Push to Start.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
just a tip the 2011+ nissans have non removable bcms. they use some special rounded screw. its a tamper proof screw (one way) and you can buy the tool from amazon, or it's impossible to remove without it. will PM you the part number.
I ran across this with the 2010 I did. the screws were the one way style screws... but I was able to remove them by carefully getting some pliers on the back side of the screw and CAREFULLY backing it out. it was a royal PITA but it worked. PUtting them back in was easy. You have to be very careful not to damage the threads or else you will be buying new bolts for it.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

Tedmond, thanks for the link but i don't think i'll be needing it now. I have been unplugging the 3 needed plugs from the BCM and pulling them thru the cluster hole to wire up, but now i won't have to worry about it.

Next Q, apparently there's no software programming needed on the EVOALL?

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  

The EVO-ALL comes preloaded with firmware and they do updates ( not as often as iDatalink ).  For the Nissan simplified installed,

the module must be Hardware Version 3 or 4 and flashed with Firmware Version 4.00 or higher.  Fortin does have a special USB
FlashLink cable available for you to do the firmware flash updates,costs about $50. 

Here is a link :  https://ifar.ca/en/products/evo/evo-all/firmware.html

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
you should have no issues of getting a version 4 hardware. I've been stocking V4 modules for 2 months now, so i'm positive the v4 units are well distributed into the states by now.
Your distributor should have the flashlink loader/newest modules on hand.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2012 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, yesrterday i had a Idatalink unit that just wouldn't work in a 2009 Quest so i installed an EVOALL. I realized it doesn't have the correct data plug to match Pursuit so i ended up hardwiring it. Will the EVOALL work DBI with AVOX products?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic