the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

fortin users

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2012 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
unfortunately the fortin doesn't support DBI on DEI products. Not sure about avox units, as i have never tried.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2012 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:
Ok, yesrterday i had a Idatalink unit that just wouldn't work in a 2009 Quest so i installed an EVOALL. I realized it doesn't have the correct data plug to match Pursuit so i ended up hardwiring it. Will the EVOALL work DBI with AVOX products?
There's dbi/d2d firmware available for it, but you can only reflash it with this firmware using the Fortin Flashlink Updater and their latest windows software.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2012 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
not sure where you're getting your info from. i just grabbed a new v4 evo-can/all, and connected it to my flash-link with the new loader. it supports no DBI at all.
it supports idatalink rs232 communication, and fortin data-link only.
also, from their website:
Does data-link work with DEI's D2D or DBI?
Our protocol differs from the similar protocols offered by other manufacturers. We feel that our protocol is superior in reliability to these other protocols. Timing is essential when communicating in a vehicles high-speed bus so our data-link protocol has to communicate at much higher speed in order to offer exceptional reliability both with present and future vehicle networks. Because our data-link protocol is not the same as the RS-232 offered by some remote-starter brands, it is not compatible with either the D2D or DBI protocols.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2012 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
not sure where you're getting your info from. i just grabbed a new v4 evo-can/all, and connected it to my flash-link with the new loader. it supports no DBI at all.
it supports idatalink rs232 communication, and fortin data-link only.
Choose the "d2d" option (instead of the default "fortin") and the available d2d firmware will be selectable after the unit is connected. If you don't have this option you'll need to update your Flashlink software, or Flashlink Updater, or both.
The ads/idata protocol differs than the Fortin protocol. so the modules don't support idatalink's rs232 protocol.
tedmond wrote:
also, from their website:
Does data-link work with DEI's D2D or DBI?
Our protocol differs from the similar protocols offered by other manufacturers. We feel that our protocol is superior in reliability to these other protocols. Timing is essential when communicating in a vehicles high-speed bus so our data-link protocol has to communicate at much higher speed in order to offer exceptional reliability both with present and future vehicle networks. Because our data-link protocol is not the same as the RS-232 offered by some remote-starter brands, it is not compatible with either the D2D or DBI protocols.
This was written a while ago. But thanks for the reminder. We've been keeping quiet about d2d support for some time and I'll update the FAQ after a formal announcement is made.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2012 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
I am laughing so hard at someone correcting you Darren on your own product.
FYI I used one of your EVO-CAN's today for the first time on a 2011 Altima.
I don't hate it. I will offer an official opinion at the place that matters once I get a few out in the field.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Now i need help. I istalled an EVOALL in a new Altima today and all worked well except one issue. I need it to turn off when the door is opened. I thought it would ba as easy as connecting the door trigger to the RS negative shunt, but apparently when you press unlock on the factory remote the EVOALL keeps the car running for entry. The Idatalink unit is simple in the fact it has a wire you ground to perform this action. I can't find anything in the instructions about this...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
tedmond 
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
hey mike,
i've done a few nissan pts, and they never needed to be shutdown, then restarted. just unlock, get in and drive.
Ted
Compustar Expert
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
hey mike,
i've done a few nissan pts, and they never needed to be shutdown, then restarted. just unlock, get in and drive.
Correct. Unlocking the door is the very thing that initiates the takeover procedure. Test the system by reaching in through the driver's window, unlocking the door manually, then trying to drive away. If you do this, the car should shut down. Unlocking the doors with the factory remote or the aftermarket remote will open up a 45 second "window" for the customer to step on the brake and drive away.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yea that's great and all, but not what the dealer wants. The factory RS shuts down and so must this. There's got to be a simple way to do this...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 6:15 AM / IP Logged  
Does it shut down if you ground the hood pin?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic