icon

fortin users

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
You mention that and it's one thing i didn't try but thought about after i left.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
just hook your hood pin wire to the driver door pin switch wire so that when opening door remote start thinks hood opened and it shuts down. but i dont know what dealer you are dealing with telling you the factory remote start shuts off when door opens so yours must, the factory doesnt offer remote start
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
jim hunter wrote:
just hook your hood pin wire to the driver door pin switch wire so that when opening door remote start thinks hood opened and it shuts down. but i dont know what dealer you are dealing with telling you the factory remote start shuts off when door opens so yours must, the factory doesnt offer remote start
Hood pin to driver door alone won't work. The 45 second window will already be initiated by the customer pressing unlock on the remote or pressing the button on the door handle. Try sending a pulse after shutdown or rearm pulse to the push button along to the hood pin thing.
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think Jim understands how the EVOALL works.

I shot an email to Fortin about it so i'm waiting for a response.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
no mike your right i used ads modules and have not had the opportunity to try an evo, so even if remote start is no longer sending a ground when running signal ( since the hood pin would shut entire remote start module down the evo would keep car powered? anyway why does it have to shut off when door opens, if fortin has take over as ads does just open the door get in and hit the brake and drive away, i dont understand why the car has to shut off upon door opening anyway
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 6:15 AM / IP Logged  

One simple answer here Jim, because that's what the customer wants. Ain't my car and i could care less, but in the dealer service business you gotta give what they want or they'll use one of the 5 other companies beating on the aftermarket door. NO loyalty here.

With an EVOALL you can completely remove the RS unit and the car will stay running once it sees unlock pressed and the key in the car.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  
not sure if you knew, but there are 2 take over methods you can wire. similar to the idatalink pieces.
if you connected the RS unlock directly to the car, and not to the evo-all the 45second window will not exist. you unlock open the door and the car will shut down immediately. if you went through the evo-all for data controlled locks, that's where you get a 45s window.
next time you do one of these, connect everything as you would to the evo EXCEPT unlock. connect this directly to the bcm.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
easy mike just checking because in a message posted a few ago you stated::
Yea that's great and all, but not what the dealer wants. The factory RS shuts down and so must this. There's got to be a simple way to do this...
and i didnt understand as the factory doesnt offer a remote start. and i understand service as i am a dealer service/installer, i only do retail thru referrals from my dealers, my primary source of business is car dealers
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

tedmond wrote:
not sure if you knew, but there are 2 take over methods you can wire. similar to the idatalink pieces.
if you connected the RS unlock directly to the car, and not to the evo-all the 45second window will not exist. you unlock open the door and the car will shut down immediately. if you went through the evo-all for data controlled locks, that's where you get a 45s window.
next time you do one of these, connect everything as you would to the evo EXCEPT unlock. connect this directly to the bcm.

Not sure i understand. I'm not using any locks from the EVOALL to control. The RS is an upgrade and uses pulses from the motor legs to start. There isn't anything connected to the lock wires on the EVOALL.

The tech support at Fortin hasn't been any help. First they told me to connect door pin to hood on RS and we already know that's not right. Next they told me to disconnect the purple white unlock and also not to use datalink as this will stop it from seeing an unlock pulse. I'm not doing either of these, and i'm pretty sure the purple white is an output not an input. Isn't the pulse seen thru can data from the OBD2 connector? It is on the Idatalink units.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
I have an idea, Just throwing it out there. I would imagine whether or not you hit unlock on the factory fob to get in the car, that if the hood was opened the car would shut down. The reason I would think it would have to shut down the car even after hitting unlock, is that its a safety feature. How it shuts down is what you would want to duplicate. I would imagine that the Fortin Module would read the hood opening from the CAN network. Then it would output a Hood open signal to the remote starter at the same time turning itself(EVO) off. So when the hood is read from the CAN, both the fortin and remote starter turn down.
What I would try is a drivers door pin diode isolated to the hood pin wire on the car. The reason you would want it wired to the cars hood pin wire is so the Fortin Module can read it through the CAN network. If you wire it in between the Fortin Module and the Remote Starter, only the remote starter will see the hood opening and while that might turn off the remote starter, its the Fortin Module keeping the car running. You can't keep the Fortin module in the dark about the hood opening...So connecting to the factory hood pin wire I think is the key.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic