the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

fortin users

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
the PURPLE / white is an input for unlock on the evo-all, which gets converted into data signals and sent to the car using can.
so let me get this straight.
add on starter with evo-all. From my understanding, as long as the PURPLE / white does not see a unlock signal by w2w or data, the vehicle will shutdown instantly when the door is opened.
when you have any unlock signal (either it be hardwired or data) to the evo-all, a 45 second window will allow takeover.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
if the car is a 2009 or higher it will open up the 45 second takeover window whether you use the aftermarket FOB, factory FOB, or intelikey to unlock the doors. If the doors are already unlocked and the customer opens the doors while its running on remote start without unlocking the doors first using the 3 methods above, the car will turn off. But Mike's customer doesn't want takeover. They are used to the old method that gave no takeover, so thats what they want. If the car is a 2008 or lower the customer would have to hit unlock on the after market remote for a takeover. unlocking with the factory FOB would turn off the car when the door opened. This is because they cannot pull the data of the CAN network on a 2008 and lower Nissan that allows for takeover using the factory FOB. I have a EVO-CAN here, I'm going to hook it up to the USB Flasher and see if there is anything in the Firmware options that might help. Give me a few minutes.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I just took a look at programming options with the USB Flasher. I was hoping to see a option to check or uncheck "secure takeover" Nothing there for that, just the basics - Door, trunk, hood triggers-lock/unlock, etc.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Why not just send a -pulse after shutdown/rearm output from the remote start to the start/stop button?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

flobee4 wrote:
I have an idea, Just throwing it out there. I would imagine whether or not you hit unlock on the factory fob to get in the car, that if the hood was opened the car would shut down. The reason I would think it would have to shut down the car even after hitting unlock, is that its a safety feature. How it shuts down is what you would want to duplicate. I would imagine that the Fortin Module would read the hood opening from the CAN network. Then it would output a Hood open signal to the remote starter at the same time turning itself(EVO) off. So when the hood is read from the CAN, both the fortin and remote starter turn down.
What I would try is a drivers door pin diode isolated to the hood pin wire on the car. The reason you would want it wired to the cars hood pin wire is so the Fortin Module can read it through the CAN network. If you wire it in between the Fortin Module and the Remote Starter, only the remote starter will see the hood opening and while that might turn off the remote starter, its the Fortin Module keeping the car running. You can't keep the Fortin module in the dark about the hood opening...So connecting to the factory hood pin wire I think is the key.

Apparently the EVOALL does not shut down after an open hood(at least that's what they are telling me). Here's what Fortin told me to do.

Connections on relay::

86 -->  (+) ignition on the vehicle; you can use the same ignition that the diode is installed on but make the connection on the other side. Basically, not on the same side as the evo.
85 -->  (-) Ground when running of remote start
87 -->  to push button (-)
30 --> (-) door pin, and diode isolated with remote start hood pin.
This pulses the button but i bet timing will be critcal. I'm thinking more like door pin to RS hoodpin, then using Ground after shutdown to the start button...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

tedmond wrote:
the PURPLE / white is an input for unlock on the evo-all, which gets converted into data signals and sent to the car using can.
so let me get this straight.
add on starter with evo-all. From my understanding, as long as the PURPLE / white does not see a unlock signal by w2w or data, the vehicle will shutdown instantly when the door is opened.
when you have any unlock signal (either it be hardwired or data) to the evo-all, a 45 second window will allow takeover.

It's getting the door data thru the Canhi/lo wires on the OBD2 connector...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Did you have to make a physical unlock connection to the Evo? If not then I believe what was stated above will work. If you connect the locks directly from the r/s to the vehicle the Evo will not get the unlock signal and therefore the 45 second window will never be activated.
The only way that won't work is if it is the newer (09+) where the take-over timer can be controlled by the factory unlock from the remote or the button on the door. But I would give that a shot first before you messed around with the relays.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
the remote start he has doesnt have any lock/unlock outputs. It's a stand alone ADD ON starter, activated by pressing lock on the factory fob.
anyways i wanted to mimic the issue you had. after my exam I drove home and borrowed my neighbors 08 altima pts fully loaded with factory alarm/hoodpin (to test). Most models dont have the hood pin
compustar cm6200 wired as stand alone + evo-all (trying to mimic your setup, using door lock to activate start)
what I noticed (compared to 09 as i've not done any previous to 09) if you unlock with the key it wont shutdown.I connected my DMM to check door triggers(functional under rs), hood pin (non-functional during RS) which defeats the purpose of a hood pin right.
I then joined the hood pin status PINK/BLACK from evo to the cm6200, diode isolated with the door trigger GREEN out from the evo to the cm6200 hood pin GRAY/BLACK shutdown.
changed Option Group 4-03 aux1 output to setting 4 (neg shutdown)
the cm6200 aux1 VIOLET was connected to the PTS WHITE/ BLACK button control from the evo diode isolated.
this allowed the conditions of start, but as the door opens instant shutdown (of unit and car) The only downside was if a door was left open or had dome light supervision on from unlock(prior to rs), it wouldn't remote start. This can be addressed by telling customer "as a safety precaution, Door must be closed and locked in order for rs to work"
In my opinion, i don't think you need to run a hood pin (if there is a factory pin) since it wouldn't start with the hood open, and if the door was opened to reach for the hood release, the starter would have shut down already. it would be recommended if no factory hood pin exists.
After I was done tinkering with it for a little while, I ripped it out and gave my neighbour a 6pack and said thanks. I did 3 of his other cars, so he trusted me to "experiment" for my better understanding.
hope this helps you. I can get this vehicle at anytime Mike, if you want me to do some testing of various methods, shoot me a pm. I'll see what i can help with.
Ted
Compustar Expert
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2012 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
wow tedmond talk about going above and beyond to help a fellow 12volter   kudos to you man that was awesome of you to do for him
but hell why not just leave the starter in for your buddy and tell him just to pay for parts lol
tedmond 
Posted: February 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
He has 3 other vehicles that I loaded up with 2way compustars already. This fourth car is his loaner company car,no point in having a start put in as car was due for return late spring(was aware prior to experimenting), which is why i just took it all out after.
It's funny, Almost everyone on my block has a remote start that I installed, so if i'm ever in need of a Guinea pig vehicle i simply ask. Good thing I'm on good terms with everyone.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic