the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

fiberglass in 99 cobra trunk

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2012 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
hey man its still good stuff. still good if not better than the stuff kicker is putting out there these days.
so you are gonna have to face the subs into the box instead of reverse mounted like they were? i guess you have to do what you need to but i would assume that its not going to sound very good. the box seems to already be pretty small for what L7's normally want but i guess the final verdict will come from your ears.
mclovin2012 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2012 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
When I did the math it's going to be around 2.2 cu ft, should be sufficient.  I've got space under that in the spare tire well.  Yeah they'll be facing normally, which disapoints me, but I gotta make stuff fit, like you said.  It sounded great when the box was slightly smaller and it was all MDF.  I'll let you know how it sounds after pay day.  Only got $1.60 left in my account and gotta get some hex head screws and some rubber door seal.  Still need to wire up the other amp too (1000.1), but I've lost some motivation knowing I can't hear it until pay day anyway.
Mike
mclovin2012 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2012 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
It looks like crap because of the bolts I had to use, but it sounds fantastic.  I'm going to make some speaker covers so you can't see the ugly bolts and I'll post a picture soon.  I had to use an angle drill to put the bolts in because of the lack of space, but it all worked out in the end.
Mike
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic