icon

viper 5901 with no key into 86 conquest

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mazda 6t9 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

So I have a Viper 5704 going into a 86 dodge conquest. This is my personal track car. The key and ign lock has alreay been deleted. The car has 2 ign, 1acc, and 1 starter. its a wire to wire ordeal with the heavy gauge wires coming from the RS. Ign 1 pink, Ign 2 pink/white, acc orange, starter violet. strait foward.

Can i use low amp negative auxillary outputs of the RS to power up the relays in the RS through micro negative grounded switches? So i would supply a ground though lets say the starter button to the negative violet wire from the Viper RS module.

I know the IGN can be split with diodes to the pink and pink/white negative wires and the ACC would need its own switch also(no prob). I would have a hidden ign switch that would do take over and supply a +positive to the large pink through a relay.

Trying to go completely keyless except a 2way remote. Might even look into rfid for ign takeover.

Please post any thoughts. Keys on a track car sucks

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
Well my first thought was i hope you need to turn the ignition off fast in an emergency...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Why even use a remote starter. Just a toggle to ignition relay and a start button. I highly doubt you would use accessories in a track car. ????
mazda 6t9 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

It will still see the street and is for show also. Just trying to lose the key and still keep the 2way RS.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
if you are using negative outputs to control the relays currently, the negative out from the remote start would work fine.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
mazda 6t9 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2012 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
No relays yet. I am hoping to back feed them through the Viper Remote start AUXILIARY output wires. NOT piggy back them except the ign just for RS takeover.
It says in remote start inst manual
Note: Wires 1-4 on the remote start auxiliary outputs are wired to the (-) triggers for the ONBOARD remote start relays and are NOT diode isolated.
So if I ground these wires without the alarm armed should i be able to use the remote start relays to turn on ign, start, then acc after started.? I would be using the micro switches on a panel. Maybe have the ign hidden.
Start button will be led s2000 style to fill the old large key hole.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Use a switch similar to a lighting switch, i.e. off, on circuit 1 ACC, and on circuits 1 and 2, ACC and IGN which works as off/on/on and a push button switch for start, various circuits being added with fuses and relays.
Then add the R/S. OR, contact (PM) Kevin Pierson at KP technologies, he manufactures push to start devices.
Damn, I normally never answer posts beginning with "So", it means the writers can't write English properly so what's the quality of their work like.
mazda 6t9 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2012 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

Howie thank you for the info. I figured some micro or trick looking switches can be used on the acc and start as long as they give me - out. Less relays the better.

I am trying to come up with a simple enough rfid card that i can put in my iphone case in the rear. So I could smart start and then do ign take over by putting my Iphone in a specific locatin. as long as the phone stays in the "holder" it will keep the ign on. I was thinking keyless rfid but might have found something cheaper and cooler. still searching. Wiring will start as soon as my ricer start switch arrives.

Not to get too far off topic but. How the heck does the LARGE gauge pink wire that puts out a IGN power upon remote start know when you turn the key and power it up? so how does it see positive when it is putting out a positive to the IGN?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
That's a case of don't think about it, it'll drive you potty!!
The pink acts as an ignition input sensing wire to tell the alarm part that the ignition is on but also as the ignition output wire.
I was also thinking that you could also run the whole shebang from the WHITE/ blue aux wire, simply a momentary switch press once etc. to start the car, except you would still need to switch ignition once you entered the car then flick that switch off to turn off the engine.
That would satisfy the safety requirements, but give you no separate control over the ACC circuits.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
I always thought that the Pink ignition wire was an output only. The remote starter doesn't know that you put the key in the ignition and it just simply shuts down when you push on the brake pedal... but if the key is in the ignition then the factory ignition switch is maintaining power to the vehicle. If you remote start, put the key in the ignition, then take it back out before pressing the brake pedal, the remote starter keeps the ignition running... it only shuts down by one of the shutdown inputs (brake, hood pin, neutral safety)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic