icon

1975 Chevrolet Caprice Wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
I recently saw a weird thing happen with a single filament bulb in a dual filament bulb holder. I was on vacation in Europe visiting my wife's family and they drove a Peugeot 306 or 307, it was a little hatchback. They would go to turn off the car with the key and the car would still be running with the key removed. The car would turn off once the brake pedal was released. After some trouble shooting with a home made "test" light. I found the problem was that they had changed the brake light with the wrong style bulb. They were kicking themselves, they had changed that bulb like 3 months before. They then realized the problem happened about the same time...lol. BTW, they told me that they had no mechanics near them that wanted to troubleshoot their electrical problem. The father thought that it was more that the mechanics didn't know how to versus didn't want to.
hemiboy29 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your help fellas i will try that! but can anyone please help me with the wiring diagram for my car? thanks!
Chris G.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Flobee, more like no one at least in the UK wants to touch the CRAP, CitroenRenaultAndPeugeot.
As for the wiring diagram good luck, library or GM archives?
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Is the Chev Caprice an Australian-based Holden Caprice (but LHD)?
If so, maybe Holden Caprice wiring diagrams keeping in mind that we have combined flasher/reverse bulbs (not flasher/brake) unless separate (white) reverse bulbs exist.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

i can take a 12- 16 megpixel picture of a 74 leasbre wiring schematic from the GM service manual if youd like. i bet its nearly identical to the 75 impala.

the 74 diagram show a points ignition and not the HEI your car should have but im pretty sure eveything else is the same.

the only other diff between the cars is the 74 has not only a HOT light but has a light for when it gets REALLY REALLY hot called a STOP light. its a buick thing and didnt come on chevys.

PM me an email address if you want one. the file will be about 7 or more MB so make sure your email box will let it come throught.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
hemiboy29 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your helP pm sent!
Chris G.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

the pic is upping right now.

its a 14+MB tif

i can do a 7MB jpg, but the tiff is a little clearer.

i will hit the send as soon as its upped.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
hemiboy29 
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks i received your email!!!
Chris G.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic