2003 sequoia, avital 4103 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wyciwug 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  

Hello

The system works but alarm still goes off especially after it sat overnight or when it's really cold outside.  Other than that, it works fine after the car was driven once or when the outside weather is warmer.  I did what I have to do.  I do not understand where to go from here.  Please help.  Thanks.

dcd
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Factory alarm I'm assuming ?   Did you hook up the factory alarm disarm wire from the 4103 GREEN/ black ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
wyciwug 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
yes, factory alarm.  No, i did not hookup factory disarm wires from 4103.  Where does this wire go onto car's wire?  Thanks.  I thought connect the blue to keysense using diodes will disarm it.  Thank you thank you
dcd
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
yes your correct using the keysense wire for disarm. You have the blue status output going to keysense through a diode ? Its the diode facing the right direction ? Band toward the remote start system. Have you tested the wire to make sure it outputs a ground when remote started ? Did you test the keysense wire to make sure you had the correct wire ?
wyciwug 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2012 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  

2003 sequoia, avital 4103 remote start - Last Post -- posted image.

i follow diagram above, band of diodes facing remotestarter. 

Have I tested the wire make sure it outputs a ground when remotestarted? No, i do not know how to test this.

Test keysense: No, i did not test this eventhough i am sure it is the correct wire.  However, I will do it again.

dcd
chev104275 
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have a dmm ? If you do take you're red lead and put it on 12v and you're black lead to the suspect wire for key sense there should be no reading on the meter until you insert the key then you should read 12v if you have the correct wire. For testing the status output do the same thing leave you're red lead on 12v and put you're black on the status output of the 4103 you shouldn't read anything until you activate the remote start. Then you should get 12v through out the entire remote start timer
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 18, 2012 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
There's an even easier way to do a little bit of basic troubleshooting before taking the car apart.
1. Open driver door.
2. Activate remote starter.
Did you hear the car's key-in-ignition chime? If you didn't, then surely your keysense connection isn't right.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic