1994 sonoma, remote start clutch bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
olegyak 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
I am putting in a prostart CT-5072 remote car starter in my 1995 GMC Sonoma 5speed. Its my first time doing a manual transmission and I cant figure out how to bypass the clutch switch. There are two wires at the switch purple and yellow. With the ignition to on, the yellow wire shows +4.7V when the clutch pedal is up and reads 0 when the clutch pedal is pressed down. The purple wire does not show any changes just reads 0. Any help?
1994 sonoma, remote start clutch bypass -- posted image.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
it wont show changes till the key is turned to crank.
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
connect the start wire directly to the PURPLE (+) @ clutch switch.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
olegyak 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
connect the start wire directly to the PURPLE (+) @ clutch switch.
Do I tap the starter wire into the purple wire or do I cut the purple wire and connect the starter wire to one end?
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Try this with a relay
status output 86
12v. 85
purple from switch 87
yellow from switch 30
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
ropuma wrote:
Try this with a relay
status output 86
12v. 85
purple from switch 87
yellow from switch 30
Although this way is a little harder it is always your safest bet. That way if by some chance there is a resting ground or voltage on the wire, it won't cause any issues. I did a 2010 Tacoma a couple months ago and I used a relay to send 12v to the clutch switch and because it rested at ground on the opposite side of the switch, when the customer pressed the clutch (not sure why, but he did) while it was remote started, it ended up blowing the fuse under the hood. Luckily he was pretty knowledgable when it came to cars so he didn't get stranded, but it could have been a bad day.
The only thing I would change to that though is to use either the negative 2nd starter output on Pin 85 of the relay or ground Pin 85 and connect Pin 86 to the positive starter. This way it will only bypass during crank and it won't "hold" the clutch bypass the entire time it is remote started.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic