single din discussion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeg74 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2012 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

soundnsecurity wrote:
yea i actually forgot that my jvc allows me to turn the internal amp off. also a feature that is rarely seen these days. i am a fan of kenwood too but i wont ever buy one until they make their stuff so that i dont need an engineering masters degree to use the settings. im a professional installer with my own shop and i hate when someone brings me a kenwood to install because i end up reading the manual for twice as long as it takes me to physically install the unit. and thats just to set the time and basic sound controls. bluetooth is impossible.

i hated the last few years of kenwoods, but since jvc bough them the menus are now easy for any one. Jvcs are probably our top seller. price for what you get is great. Alpine really isn't what it use to be, no more 4 volt pre outs, hell your lucky you get 2 set of pre outs on most models, not to mention the 50 + bucks extra for that alpine name. Sony has come along way since they dropped that whole explode thing. Just what i want a deck that says "explode" on it. Pioneer on all there affordable models has the ip bus cable taken off and a scaled back eq. I still love pioneer and the only thing ill ever buy.

i dont have all the answers and neither do you. Yes im really bad a spelling, i get it.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2012 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

mikeg74 wrote:
Alpine really isn't what it use to be, no more 4 volt pre outs, hell your lucky you get 2 set of pre outs on most models, not to mention the 50 + bucks extra for that alpine name.

Totally agree. Alpine has definitely took a nose dive. They don't have any current single DIN receiver that I would own/endorse.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
Im gonna have to go ahead and crap on Alpine as well. The voltage output before clipping point is simply atrocious on the entire line. The clipping point in my experience is 27 on the dial with a voltage output of around 1.6-1.9 on the entire line. I was pretty disgusted when I hooked my scope up to them. I have never been a fan of JVC decks really but what I can say is you can wind those suckers right out to the max and the wave doesn't square off, I put in a pioneer today and scoped that, it was a double din mind you, but I had that dial to 39 out of 40 and got 3.9v without any clear signs of distortion, but for some reason that extra notch when you went to 40 made it look kind of hairy. I am also pretty excited about Blaupunkt coming back, hopefully its made some changes for the better on this time around.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat wrote:
I am also pretty excited about Blaupunkt coming back, hopefully its made some changes for the better on this time around.
Blaupunkt use to be the s&%# back it the day. I wasn't aware of them trying to make a come back as stated. Hopefully eclipse follows suit. I have my fingers crossed. I've never been a huge fan of JVC but I've been selling them for about three years and you can quote me " I have never had one come back faulty ( Base model to top of the line)."
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know.  I just installed a new Alpine CDA-117 with PDX-5 amplifier driving JL C5 components and it sounds extremely sweet. 
Support the12volt.com
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
I don't know.  I just installed a new Alpine CDA-117 with PDX-5 amplifier driving JL C5 components and it sounds extremely sweet. 
thats the magic of properly set gains
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

soundnsecurity wrote:
DYohn wrote:
thats the magic of properly set gains

You know my pet peeve!  :)

Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic