icon

02 trailblazer lt, viper 3305v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zx10rarcher 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2012 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
I got some help from the Trailblazer forums and think I have it down pat.
If someone could verify my wiring it would be much appreciated.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhjIOEtddZUzdHZqU21jQzMwNU5DZ00zUE9ESXF6clE
I am creating a write up taking pics at every step and will be posting it to Trailvoy... If someone can verify my wiring and give me their blessing, I would be more than happy and willing to share it here for future reference.
Thanks in advance,
-Anthony
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Two both of your questions...yes that is what you do. ALL modules in the market do not monitor the 2 door triggers in the back when the vehicle is off. You need to tag each trigger individually from the doors in the back and diode isolate them to the green wire input on the viper alarm. Your best bet to getting these wires is to follow the grommet on each door where they are going in the vehicle and tag them there.
zx10rarcher 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Enice:
So you're saying I need to find the negative door trigger for each door, put a diode on each of the doors and splice all four into the Viper alarm? Or just hook it up as is in my spreadsheeet, and diode isolate only the rear two doors and connect those into the Viper?
And the diode, since it's a negative door trigger, I am guess I need to put the cathode (negative) side facing away from the alarm? Sort of like this?
|\| S1 ----> |< D1 Diode (1N40004) ---> Viper - Door Trigger
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
yes, just the back doors you look for. The module will give you the front 2.
zx10rarcher 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Cool thanks Enice. I will update my wiring schematic as needed.
So just to double check.
H1/5 Viper (green; - door trigger input, zone 3//Front doors) <--> DB-ALL 12 pin connector/pin 3 (GREEN / WHITE; - door status output) and then splice in the left rear door negative trigger (blue/black from vehicle harness) with anode on the alarm side, cathode on door side as well as splice in the right rear door negative trigger (GREEN/ black from vehicle harness) with anode on the alarm side, cathode on door side.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic