icon

cranks but no start python 1401/pkall

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kog506 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
I have had the RS for a week and half now but I have been experiencing a problem. Sometimes the remote start cranks forever but engine will not fire up. This happened 2 days ago, That morning the engine fired right up(~30 degrees). Later in the day when the weather was warm ~60 degrees. I remote start it and it would not fire seems like as if the immobilizer was active. So i chose to use the key and no problem. Then i shut it down to try the remote start again and it did same thing, crank but engine didnt not fire up. So later that night I tried the RS and if fired up. That problem I experienced happened again today, with same scenario. Do you know what is going on? I suspect the bypass (PKALL)
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
It's usually easier for us to give you an idea might what be wrong if you could mention what kind of car this is.
Regardless, a quick/easy first step would be to look at the PKALL while activating the remote starter. Does the LED on the PKALL light up during attempted remote start?
kog506 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
It's usually easier for us to give you an idea might what be wrong if you could mention what kind of car this is.
Regardless, a quick/easy first step would be to look at the PKALL while activating the remote starter. Does the LED on the PKALL light up during attempted remote start?
Its a 2000 toyota avalon XLS.
I know for sure when it successfully start up the pkall light up. But I havent able to access the pkall when im experience the problem.
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds like a tach learning issue.

Did you hook up the tach wire directly or are you using virtual tach? If you have ran a wire, try relearning the tach.

I always,always use a tach wire & never have a problem.

Tach wire should be easy to access. It is listed as a black wire in a gray plug in drivers kick panel, in harness going up to the instrument cluster. Otherwise go directly to a coil or fuel injector.

Good Enough Isn't!
kog506 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
advanced wrote:

Sounds like a tach learning issue.

Did you hook up the tach wire directly or are you using virtual tach? If you have ran a wire, try relearning the tach.

I always,always use a tach wire & never have a problem.

Tach wire should be easy to access. It is listed as a black wire in a gray plug in drivers kick panel, in harness going up to the instrument cluster. Otherwise go directly to a coil or fuel injector.

Its using virtual tach, I guess I can connect it directly to the tach wire when the weather is better.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Next time it doesn't start, put the head of the key near the ignition barrel and see if it starts. That will tell you if it is bypass related or something else.
Did you connect both ignition wires from the vehicle? Are they connected separately or tied together to a single output of the r/s?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
If it's a tach issue, you don't have to wait for better weather it's pin 9 on your under dash OBD II aka data connector.
Hello Kenny, still convalescing, no work until the middle of next week.
At least I'm still breathing.
I'm also guessing from the first post that it isn't tach although I would tend to agree with advanced, I'm guessing poor wiring or poor programming to the by-pass.
kog506 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
Next time it doesn't start, put the head of the key near the ignition barrel and see if it starts. That will tell you if it is bypass related or something else.
Did you connect both ignition wires from the vehicle? Are they connected separately or tied together to a single output of the r/s?
I forgot to mention this, the first time it happened, I tried putting the key in the ignition and it did not fire up the engine using the RS (I guess its not the bypass that is causing the problem?). and the Ignition wires/wiring are connected to the bypass and from bypass to the RS using D2D.
kog506 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
If it's a tach issue, you don't have to wait for better weather it's pin 9 on your under dash OBD II aka data connector.
Hello Kenny, still convalescing, no work until the middle of next week.
At least I'm still breathing.
I'm also guessing from the first post that it isn't tach although I would tend to agree with advanced, I'm guessing poor wiring or poor programming to the by-pass.
Thanks! and I don't think its bad wiring (Even though its still possible) I solder the H3 harness and someone other ones. The ones I did not solder, I used the wire splice.
Oh yeah! This morning it was about ~58 degrees and the car started up normally. So its not a weather issue? So I am leaning towards the tach wire. need to connect it the car wiring and not the car ground.
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

It's a known problem on the newer directed units to lose power to the bypass when using D2D, you can either cut the 12v wire on the d2d cable and hardwire straight to 12v, or just ditch the d2d and go w2w. 

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic