Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smmy195 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
AMP: Hifonics 1000W D Class Amp
SUBS: 2, 800W 4 ohm Kicker 10"
ENCLOSURE: Custom sealed box for 1500 Silverado Ext. Cab.
I was recommended by a rep at online to this website for the below wiring: https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42#results
Does anyone have any advice to offer since I will be installing it myself?
Sam
smmy195 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't get any responses on my first post. So here goes another.
I wired up my Kicker CVR10 dual coils and 4ohms at a 1ohm load to my Hifonics 1000.1d
I would like to know what the best settings for my amp is... my subs RMS is 400 and my amp puts out 1000x1, so by two that should be what, 500rms?
is there any settings I should turn down in order to not hurt the subs?
the adjustments I can make are "subsonic", "low pass", and "level" and obvioulsy "bass EQ"
Sam
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2012 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

the easiest way to do it with a meter is know how much power the amp is supposed to make (in watts) multiply that # by the impedance of the speaker to be connected, then take the square root of that # and that is the voltage you need to be at on the output side. google 0db test tones or sine wave at 60herts. unplug your subs and connect a multimeter to the amp. tuen all your bass on your deck to 0. tuen your volumn on your deck to 3/4 up olaying the test tone. and adjust your amp gain until you reach your required voltage. connect your subs and play music and adjust your amp gain down if the bass is to loud and canceling out your front stage( your front speakers)

example on finding your voltage

Amp 500 rms

subs 4 ohms

500 X 4= 2000

Sq root 44.72

44.72 is the voltage that you want to set your amp to .

any questions email me at tsgtwheeler@yahoo.com

pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2012 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
wheelerdr wrote:

the easiest way to do it with a meter is know how much power the amp is supposed to make (in watts) multiply that # by the impedance of the speaker to be connected, then take the square root of that # and that is the voltage you need to be at on the output side. google 0db test tones or sine wave at 60herts. unplug your subs and connect a multimeter to the amp. tuen all your bass on your deck to 0. tuen your volumn on your deck to 3/4 up olaying the test tone. and adjust your amp gain until you reach your required voltage. connect your subs and play music and adjust your amp gain down if the bass is to loud and canceling out your front stage( your front speakers)

example on finding your voltage

Amp 500 rms

subs 4 ohms

500 X 4= 2000

Sq root 44.72

44.72 is the voltage that you want to set your amp to .

any questions email me at tsgtwheeler@yahoo.com

If you're going that far just get a digital O-Scope and get it on point
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic