the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 f150 w/5704 remote start sets of alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:
Just connect the positive wire to the dome light positive trigger to give you less issues. I can look up the car at my shop tomorrow in our mitchell guide to confirm the negative door trigger.
that's what i suggested as well. i would use the positive trigger personally.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jcran17 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
jcran17 wrote:
Thanks Ted. Found a diagram of what you were saying. I will give it a try an let you know how it shakes out.
06 f150 w/5704 remote start sets of alarm - Page 3 -- posted image.
In the off-chance someone needs this info one day, I followed the above diagram and it now works perfectly. Thanks again for the help guys.
r1lukasz 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
I just finish puting those diodes and it works great! Now the only issue is dome light , can anybody post a diagram to a relay please , truck side is + and viper side is - litle confused how to get to work
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
r1lukasz wrote:
Now the only issue is dome light , can anybody post a diagram to a relay please , truck side is + and viper side is - litle confused how to get to work
this is an old thread, but you seem to have found what you needed in it, so that's cool.
For dome light supervision, in my 1999 F250 I connected the Viper (DEI) blk/wht wire directly to the orn/lt grn wire at the back of the headlight switch. This is the "domelight on" request to the BCM. Grounding this wire makes the BCM turn on the domelights through a relay.
No relays, no diodes, just a direct connection. It works great. You didn't say what year/model you're working on. But this worked in my 99. I suspect many Fords with RKE and BCM's are similar.
r1lukasz 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
its same year same model as title, 06 f150 , I will look in headlight switch see if can find that orn/lt grn wire
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic