icon

new speakers, new amp, sounds horrible.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brandon12494 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
So i finally got my speakers to sound somewhat decent but now my tweeters on both sides (left front door, right front door) have a continuous fuzzing noise. Any ideas? If i turn the volume level down the fuzzing stay the same volume and doesnt go up if the volume is turned up. thanks in advance
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  

please let me step up and speak for myself(and possibly others who have been trying to help you).

you keep complaining about things but not addressing the questions we have. dont expect a solution when we are TOTALLY left in the dark about what your system actually is.

your descriptions on what you have done are very vague and if we cant tell exactly what you are saying our answers are not gonna pack as much punch.

so if you dont answer our questions precisely,or if you question our questions, or tell us what has changed to make your improvements, we cant help much..

in order for people to help you you need to respond promptly. dont ASSUME you have covered every angle on this problem. remember, you are the guy who created your problemand we cant fix it without your help, we are not mind readers for instance when you say "speaker wire" do you mean the wire running from the speaker, to the speaker,  to the crossover, from the crossover (and to what) , from an amp, from a radio.appearantly you havent covered everything.

so please, give us clear answers.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
I saw a post from a guy named I am an Idiot... Maybe...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

Glad to see Tommy.  I thought I was invisible again.

brandon12494 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
I hooked up my four channel alpine amplifier to my polk audio 6.5 inch component speakers in my two front doors and whenever i accelerate, you can hear the acceleration through the speakers. Any idead on this one?? Thanks in advance!
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2012 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
Close the windows.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2012 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Is it a popping, or whine?
Usually the Alpines come with an inline choke that should prevent most DC-power noise, but alternator whine might still get through. (More whine if alternator brushes are worn.)
But noise could still be through the speaker wiring, especially, in my guess, if OEM.
But audio isn't my forte. I'll let others interrogate and suggest.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
do you have a pioneer radio?
brandon12494 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I have a pioneer head unit and it is more of a whine when I accelerate
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
i dont have a link to the post about pioneer radios but the problem is common to pioneer radios. try grounding the outer shield of your RCAs, thats the outer part of the connector. the noise should go away or reduce significantly. if you want to fix it permanently then you need to find someone to repair the rca shield inside the radio of buy something that isnt a pioneer.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic