icon

remote starter to multiple ignition wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, we crossed posts, I've already given you the simple answer with that diagram in the last post.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
And Bulldog are wrong, don't use the 2nd. ignition to the factory violet, the vehicle won't start, I've just modded my diagram please look.
313_5_series.bmp
mstec 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
And Bulldog are wrong, don't use the 2nd. ignition to the factory violet, the vehicle won't start, I've just modded my diagram please look.
313_5_series.bmp
You have 5 ignition wires on your diagram but I have only 4 (1x purple and 3x green) on my ignition switch. What are those two additional wires?
Thanks,
mstec 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
mstec wrote:
howie ll wrote:
313_5_series.bmp
You have 6 ignition wires on your diagram but I have only 4 (1x purple and 3x green) on my ignition switch. What are those two additional wires?
Thanks,
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry,just shut the computer to go to bed, the yellow drives 1 light green directly then EACH OTHER LIGHT GREEN and the VIOLET get 1 relay each.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Again sorry, much harder VIA Smartphone, the other 2 are your RED / blue and RED / green 12V+ supply lines, hence my comment about using the car colours in my diagram.
mstec 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Again sorry, much harder VIA Smartphone, the other 2 are your RED / blue and RED / green 12V+ supply lines, hence my comment about using the car colours in my diagram.
so, in my case those two additional wires (solid RED) are constand +12v, right?
Good night to you! (we have here 3pm)
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,791
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

mstec wrote:
Bulldog Tech Support just called me back saying:
- Use Ignition#1 (H1/4)(yellow) from RS to TWO (2) green Ignition wires without any relays on 540i
- Use Ignition#2 (H1/5)(Pink) from RS to Purple Ignition wire on 540i
- Use Ignition#3 (H7/1) (Blue/Black) which is a negative using a relay to make it positive to the 3rd green wire on 540i.
What do you guys think about that?
I will definitely try your recommendations first since I like the idea of having everything isolated from each other.
Thanks!

The main problem with the suggestion from Bulldog is combining two 540i Green Ignition wires together.  They will no longer be separate isolated circuits, not only during remote start but also during normal vehicle operation.  The H1/4 Yellow wire output is probably rated at 20 (or maybe 30 ) Amps and may not be enough for the two ignition circuits demands.

The other problem is, if you use the H7/1 (-) Ignition wire from the Deluxe 500 for a relay for the 4th Ignition circuit and if you need to use H7/1 for the transponder bypass module, you will need some diodes to isolate the relay and the bypass module.

The 540i is a nice car, it's worth the extra effort and cost to do it right the first time.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
Please remember that those three greens are all isolated from each other thus you will need the R/S yellow going to one then 3 relays.
One each for the other 2 greens and one for the vehicle violet.
Remember the manufacturer isolates them for a reason, please try to emulate the manufacturer's set-up.
Incidentally assuming key in the box only use a grey valet key.
Why is this thread going on so long.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2012 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
One or two red or RED / green RED / blue = 12V+ input.
3 x light green as ignition 1*.
1 X violet (purple) as ACC wire as ignition 1.
BLACK / YELLOW(? secondary varies)as starter.
*The Euro version gets away with 1 light green. remote starter to multiple ignition wires - Page 2 -- posted image.
Tach, black pin 9 (surprise surprise) on OBD ll data socket or rear of inst. gauges.
DOUBLE check/test everything that Bulldog quotes, it's only a guide and as Kreg has just pointed out in another thread, they've made a mistake on a Saturn's lock polarity. If they can make a mistake on a GM car.........
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic