icon

08 f150 door triggers, no bcm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
talarchevy 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
2008 F-150 work truck, base model reg cab, NO PWR options. no frills, no thrills, lol
Ok guys n gals, heres my problem, I installed an Audiovox APS-25C alarm and added door lock actuators, I wired everything in a hurry, minus shock sensor, door trigger input, starter kill, just basically installed/wired enough to flash lights, siren ,door locks,.That was about 8 months ago.I now want to finish install. My problem is finding my neg door triggers. Wire diagram for the 08 model shows blk/yel and blk/pink coming from BCM rear of cab drivers side. Although i removed panel and only found a FORD security module( i assume for transponder keys, and red OEM security light,etc)and no signs of blk/yel,blk/pink wires at security module or BCM. Would there even be a BCM module for such a base model truck with no options, or did i not look for it close enough? I located blk/yel, blk/pink wires at driver kick panel but those only show a neg with doors closed. I've done other older f150s with no problem but this is getting to me. Any help or ideas. The wire diagram also states an ALL DOOR trigger wire at vehicle light switch but it does not exist on base model. any help would be great, thanks
Go BIG or go Home                                    it might not be broke, but lets fix it anyway
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a light on the roof that illuminates when you open the door?  Is there a loom of wires going through a boot from the door to the door jamb?
talarchevy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Yes theres is wire loom of wires at each door for speakers and door latches,(& my added wires for door lock actuators) and the truck does have dome light and cargo lights for the pick up bed. When door is opened dome light and cargo lights come on. I can also turn on/off cargo lights and dome lights separately via OEM switch.
Go BIG or go Home                                    it might not be broke, but lets fix it anyway
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

There is a wire on the lamp that does what you need it to do.  Chances are, it is at the light switch, it may be a different color than the info you have.  Do you have a Multimeter?

talarchevy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
I was testing a few wires at the headlight switch, but not much luck, I will try again tomorrow. I know fords have had problems in past models with the BCM modules re pulsing/cycling power causing false triggers , so there goes the voltage sensing idea, lol ( which is frowned upon now-adays, kind of miss the old days) i will re test so more and double check wires at door looms. Just bugging me,I've done other base models fords and had no trouble.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
you can do this one of two ways. all the door triggers can be found in the driver side sill plate, towards the back of the cab (same colour listed in tech sheet). Or you can go to the driver side door sill plate, lift that up, and use the domelight wire which is BLACK/ LIGHT BLUE (+)
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
talarchevy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all help guys, I finally found the dome light trigger wire (BLK/BLUE+). Although when testing with my DMM It wasn't constant during testing. Stumped , I tried my trusty test light and confirmed correct wire and found out my blk/neg lead on my DMM was bad and had a bad connection(time for new meter leads,lol). Everything works great now. I also found a BLK/RED + wire which triggers the cab/cargo lights when either door is opened.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic