< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2012 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
Sudden free holiday.
Pull a sickie.
Get divorced.
Change occupation crew on a nuclear sub, work on an oil rig in the Gulf...NOW.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,791
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2012 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  

On most all quality remote starters, the GWR signal does indeed come on before the R/S brings up the main ignition wire.  You should be

OK using GWR to control a relay for the Keysense wire.

On the Hood Pin Switch, I believe they are referring to the Factory Hood Pin Switch.  If you tap into that for your R/S Hood Status

input, isolate away from the BCM.  Think I would just install my own Hood Pin Switch for the R/S's use and stay away from the
Factory one.

Soldering is fun!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2012 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Sudden free holiday.
Pull a sickie.
Get divorced.
Change occupation crew on a nuclear sub, work on an oil rig in the Gulf...NOW.
Cocaine is a hell of a drug... haha. I understood not a single darn thing you were getting at.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2012 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

On most all quality remote starters, the GWR signal does indeed come on before the R/S brings up the main ignition wire.  You should be

OK using GWR to control a relay for the Keysense wire.

On the Hood Pin Switch, I believe they are referring to the Factory Hood Pin Switch.  If you tap into that for your R/S Hood Status

input, isolate away from the BCM.  Think I would just install my own Hood Pin Switch for the R/S's use and stay away from the
Factory one.

Now that I think of it, that does make sense. Otherwise on Toyota's, disarming with the GWR to the key-sense would not work if the GWR and ignition came on at the same time. I'll probably just go ahead and do it that way to play it safe... especially since with the Compustar I would have to add a relay anyways for the 2nd ignition.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2012 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
Bloody cheek Kenny, I don't drink or do drugs and gave up smoking 6 weeks ago!
I was just giving you some viable get-outs against doing the job.
By the way, Kreg seems to have the answer.
offroadzj 
Posted: April 04, 2012 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Bloody cheek Kenny, I don't drink or do drugs and gave up smoking 6 weeks ago!
I was just giving you some viable get-outs against doing the job.
By the way, Kreg seems to have the answer.
Ahh gotcha. If I told her I couldn't do it, she'd be fine with it... I'm just trying to be the hero here. haha.
Now what about the (-) start... is it low current or high current? (ie relay or (-)200ma start output)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: November 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
So after trying to constantly change the subject whenever it was brought up, I finally have to actually give her an answer on this car... lol. Anyone have the info on the (-) start wire yet? Is connection required for remote start and if so, is it a high current or low current draw?
Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I'm going to tell her I can give it a go, but that I can't make any promises.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: November 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Well this one might be nipped in the butt anyways. I told her I would give it a shot, but that I needed a key for the bypass. Apparently she only has 1 key and a 2nd key is over $800... lol.
I would still like to know about the starter for future reference though (if someone has an answer). Any input?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic