the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

bmw 325ci bypass issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

about a week ago i installed a prestige aps997c remote start alarm combo on a 2002 bmw 325ci. the only issue i have is that i cant get a bypass that works. i cant find a data bypass from anyone that i know of (flashlogic, idatalink, fortin, etc) so i am having to use the old key in a box. so far ive tried an old DEI 556U and an omega universal bypass. i am using the valet key for the bypass.

ive done one of these cars before and i did it the same way with no issues at all.

ive positioned the ring around the key cylinder a million different ways and even took the immobilizer ring off and tried to fit the loop between the factory ring and key cylinder. took the insulation off from the bypass ring so it could get as close to the sensor as possible. i get nothing every time.

ive made sure there is nothing wrong with the remote starter by testing it with the key held close to the key cylinder and it starts right up every time with no issues or trouble codes.

its not a key sense problem because it starts without having the key physically in the ignition.

can anyone possibly help me out with this issue? any tricks to fitting the ring in a sure spot so it will work or just point me towards a bypass that will work. even if there is a way i can manually bypass this system i am 100% capable of following instructions.

thanks in advance to anyone who can help me sort this out.

Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
maybe acquire the ring antenna from BMW, and a spdt relay.
BMW uses the transponder key being received by the vehicle as key sense.
mark
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
do you think i might be able to physically splice the wire from the bypass' ring onto the two wires that come from the factory ring?
wrap the key tight inside a ring and then solder the other end to the factory wires through a relay?
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
yes, done quite a few BMW's. you should be able to find some small terminals with wires on them that will fit the terminals on the ring antenna. cable ties can be used to secure the key to the ring antenna.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
cool. ill try it the next time i have the car. until then if anyone has anything else to add im all ears
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
Using the compustar "computran" is way better then a 556u on European cars. I had a 555B mess up on a customer's car. Ever since then the i tried the compustar version and it is better. I use the 556u on other cars that arent European. There is also a method that you would run a wire in series in one of the 2 wires that wrap around the cylinder and the other wire tags and works with the 556u. The 555B was that way but it failed after a year.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
556UB never failed.
Use grey valet key instead of regular.
Wire as European, see instructions and don't use the loop.
Wire violet ACC as second ignition.
Tach is thin black pin 9 on OBD II socket adjacent to driver puddle lamp.
No I'm stropping here but I could probably give you the whole car from memory.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 24, 2012 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
556UB never failed.
Use grey valet key instead of regular.
Wire as European, see instructions and don't use the loop.
Wire violet ACC as second ignition.
Tach is thin black pin 9 on OBD II socket adjacent to driver puddle lamp.
No I'm stropping here but I could probably give you the whole car from memory.

thanks dude, would it be possible to post the instructions because i dont have access to directechs any more. i used the ring last time i did one of these and it worked fine but i guess i got lucky

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2012 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
It's 9:00pm here, I'm watching an old Hendrix recording, I'll post the full info early hours your time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
Naturally I got blocked on Directechs this morning, I've changed no details in 5 years so why?
I await their email explaining this.....
Anyway ready remote do an install sheet which is free to the public and since they are part of DEI......
Look at it and then note the following:-
They have all the ignition wires correct but remember the vehicle ACC wire, violet must be connected as a second ignition because it takes part in the ignition process.
Lock and unlock are the wrong way round lock is WHITE/ black, also extend the lock pulse to close windows and roof.
Driver kick panel and under dash area gives you the following:-
Lock and unlock, D/K/Panel loom from door to main vertical loom
Ignition and start wiring, lights, tach at OBDII pin 9 black, brake light and door triggers at the puddle lamp, much quicker than taking out the glove box.
Right hand floor loom, level with rear of front passenger seat (less wiring at this point, much easier to find), trunk trigger and trunk release.
Please note the trunk release is pos, if your trunk release is a neg, you will need a relay and a 5 amp fuse.
Under hood, siren and connect to hood switch.
Trunk area you have a RED / yellow each side feeding the trunk "dome" lights.
Because of occasional spikes when you arm you need to diode both sides with a 1N4004 in line, band towards light fitting.
Ref By-pass; yes to only using Valet key, yes also to what Enice mentioned about the Compustar unit, Enice is usually spot on, we don't get Compustar product in the UK so I'll take his word for it, everyone else I speak to seems to like it.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic