the12volt.com spacer
icon

autopage c3 rs 730 lock/ unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vinsanity0429 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2012 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vinsanity0429
I grounded the wire out as you said and the doors unlock, so I have the correct black white wire. I also went out after about 15 minutes of looking through the schematics and tried to unlock and it worked!! but then a few minutes later it did not work again. I will try and find the yellow black wire like it reads on "Tech tip 1094" and follow up.
I thank you repeatedly for your help.
vinsanity0429 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vinsanity0429
This is what the note reads on Tech Tip 1094:
NOTE: When testing the Door Ajar wire, it will rest at ground when the door is closed and pulse to (+) 12
volt when the door opens then return to ground. This diagram will also activate the dome light upon unlock.
I checked the yellow black wire from the door latch and it was actually the opposite.
It rests at ground when the door is open. Then when closed it pulses to 12 V+ then returns to ground.
Since it does opposite what then note reads does this mean I would have to wire the relay differently? ie: reversing the connections at the relay at 87a and 30.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

There appears to be conflicting info for the Door Trigger wires.  DEI says they are ground when closed and Audiovox says they are ground when open.  Bulldog and Omega don't even list them.  I would go with the DEI info and wire it up that way and see if it allows an unlock consistently.  It won't cause and problems or damage.( I haven't done a 2006 F350.) 

Here is some more info from DEI :

The individual door trigger wires rest at ground and go to open circuit when the doors are opened.

On vehicles without keyless entry, the wires are in each kick or at the instrument cluster, blue plug.

The driver door is lt. GREEN/ YELLOW in pin 24. The passenger door(s) is pink/lt. blue in pin 23.

On vehicles with keyless entry, the wires are in each kick or at the VSM, gray plug. The LF door is

yellow/black in pin 4. The RF door is gray/red in pin 5. The LR door is lt. GREEN/ YELLOW in pin 11.
The RR door is pink/lt. blue in pin 6.

The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission

hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.

Soldering is fun!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2012 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundnsecurity
sooo, if the f350 has factory keyless entry, why are you still using the anything other than the pink / YELLOW and pink/green wires? these are the wire colors that are most common amongst newer ford models. autopage is nothing special, ive installed a few of them, the outputs of the alarm are negative/positive trigger on either wire. as long as you dont need any relays to make a more solid, powerful connection then that should be all you need. you should be able to find these wires in the drivers kick panel or along the drivers running board. these wires are usually found close to each other in the wire harness.
the BLACK/ lt.blue wire should be useful as a door trigger. this is the factory dome light trigger wire. i use this all the time as a door trigger. perhaps it might be BLACK / YELLOW, and if this is the case then you need to be extra careful and make sure you test the wire for proper door trigger operation. i had a case once on an f150 where the BLACK / YELLOW wire i found was not the door trigger but it had something to do with the fuel system so you definitely need to test and confirm your wires.
vinsanity0429 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2012 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vinsanity0429
Thank you for all your help. I finally got it working. I went back through and checked all my connections and found out I had a bad connection ( rookie mistake...) . Repaired and now the door locks work like a champ.
On a side note: you mentioned to use the domelight supervision wire for the door trigger. However when I do that I have to wait like 20 seconds before I can arm the car. If I arm before light goes out it says a door is open...
I can't find the colors of the actual door triggers. Can only find the lock wire info at the VSM. Can someone please help with the trigger info so I can diode isolate the doors?
Or is there an easier solution to the domelight delay problem?
Thank you
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2012 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Here is the info from DEI on the individual door triggers.  Please note that these are NOT the common style

trigger signals that show open when the door is closed and ground (-) when door is opened. 

The individual door trigger wires rest at ground and go to open circuit when the doors are opened.

On vehicles without keyless entry, the wires are in each kick or at the instrument cluster, blue plug. The driver door is

lt. GREEN/ YELLOW in pin 24. The passenger door(s) is pink/lt. blue in pin 23.

On vehicles with keyless entry, the wires are in each kick or at the VSM, gray plug. The LF door is yellow/black in pin 4.

The RF door is gray/red in pin 5. The LR door is lt. GREEN/ YELLOW in pin 11. The RR door is pink/lt. blue in pin 6.

The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio.

Not accessible from radio opening.

Soldering is fun!
wynndaddy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2016 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wynndaddy
I know this is an old thread but did you isolate your doors like in the Directed Tech Doc with 2 diodes per door ? If so did you have to use the wake up relay described in the 1094 doc also ? Alot of conflicting info on these trucks . I have a 06 superduty cc diesel with factory keyless and door key pads . Thanks for any info you can provide .
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic