the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5704 in a 02 rendezvous

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2012 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT       Pink @ Ignition Switch Harness IGN1

H3/2 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED (30A) FLEX RELAY IN    Orange @ Ignition Switch Harness +12V
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT                     Orange @ Ignition Switch Harness ACC
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)        Yellow @ Ignition Switch Harness - Cut
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE) Yellow @ Ignition Switch Harness - Cut
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT            Orange @ Ignition Switch Harness +12V
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUT   Green @ Ignition Switch Harness IGN2
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A            Not Used
H3/9 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED (30A) ACC/STARTER IN Red @ Ignition Switch Harness +12V
H3/10 NC (no connection) NC     Not Used

Be aware that there are two Orange wires in the Ignition Switch Harness.  One will test as Accessory and the other

should be +12V constant.  Bulldog lists a Red and Orange +12V constant wires at the ignition switch harness, DEI
and Audiovox do not.  DEI lists two wires at the center console fuse box for +12V constant.
12volts    red (60A), red (60A)  (+)      center console fuse box, rear, gray 68 pin plug, pins F12 and F3
Depending on what you find ( via DMM testing ), split the 4 Red and RED / xxxx +12V constant input wires from the
Viper between the available +12V constant sources.

H3 harness basics

1. Any wire with Red in it goes to +12V constant
2. H3/5 is not mandatory.  If you don't want Starter Kill / Anti-Grind, don't connect this wire and don't cut the vehicles Starter wire.
3. H3/7 is the Flex relay output.  Program Menu 3, Item 8 to desired igntion signal ( IGN2, ACC2, Starter2 ). Factory Default = IGN2.

H3/2 is the input source for the Flex relay ( H3/7 ).  H3/6 is the input source for H3/1.  H3/9 is the input source for H3/3 & H3/4.

H2/3 blue/white (-200mA) 2nd status/rear defogger    This is a selectable/programmable output.  Factory Default is 2nd Status

which is the same as the Vipers' DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT.  Through programming it can be configured as a Defrost
control output ( either pulsed or latched ) in Menu 3, Item 11.

The XKLoader2 is easy to use.  You will need to download some things ( VIP4 ) from the XPressKit site to get the all the necessary

files.  You might also have to register to be able to download any Beta firmware.  Registration is free and un-restricted.  There is pretty
good documentation on the site for XKLoader2 use.

Soldering is fun!
relacsn 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
Well I got it hooked up and cranked the car up for the first time since puttin a rebuilt tranny in it. After foolin around with it for a bit, I've got the alarm functioning, its operating the hatch and informs me when the hatch or hood is open, door locks/unlock works. The only issues I've come across are these...
1. No remote start. It acts like it wants to but doesn't. Didn't notice and "light flashes"/relay clicks for a reason why its not working. Tried with key in ignition and without. Got late so didn't get to put a meter on it yet. Car starts with key just fine.
2. No parking light. I didn't hook up this relay yet. I have the 4 wires I think I need just not sure what pins to plug them to on relay. I am using a spst (should be good for a negative trigger right?) I have a wire from the alarm, a 12v+, a ground, and I tapped into the blue wire on the headlight switch. Any help on what goes where wsould be greatly appreciated.
3. Mini piezo siren inside the car is not working. I will have to double check my wiring on that one. And retest the siren. It worked before installed.
Thanks again for everyones help. This site has been a valuable resource.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

No start or crank :

Assuming your vehicle has an Automatic Transmission ( think all Rendezvous were autos ).
1. Did you program the Viper to Auto Trans?  Menu 3, Item 1, Opt 2
2. Did you connect the Neutral Safety wire to chassis ground or the EBrake?
3. Did you connect the Vipers' Neutral Safety Switch and set in to the ON position?
4. If you plan on running in Tach Mode, did you change the programming ( Menu 3, Item 2, Opt 4 ) and perform the Tach Learn process?

Parking Light :

You can either connect the Viper to the (+) signal or (-) signal.  Here is wire info from DEI :
Parking Lights(+)    brown  (+)     BCM, gray 24 pin plug, pin B3 
Parking Lights(-)     lt. blue  (-)     BCM, gray 16 pin plug, pin A6 or at Headlight Switch

Set the Viper internal Parking Light jumper/fuse to the correct position ( + or - ) and connect the H1/5 White wire directly to the corresponding

wire in the vehicle.  H1/4 is not used.  No external relay is needed.

Soldering is fun!
relacsn 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2012 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
It is automatic
1. Programmed it to auto
2. I did hook this to ground, will need to put a meter on and make sure connection is good.
3. This is connected and set to on (tried on. And off)
4. I think I set it to virtual tach, could I change this because the dball?
This actuall crossed my mind that I just hook the wire straight to parking light switch and not use a relay but I wasn't sure. I will give this a shot tonight. Thanks for everything Kreg
kreg357 
Posted: April 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

The DB-ALL shows that it does supply a Tach signal.  You could set it to Tach Mode and try a Tach Learn.  If it does successfully learn the tach signal you should be OK.  Can't remember if the Rendezvous had one touch start, if it does, Virtual Tach or even fixed crank time would be OK also.

The Viper should give Shutdown Diagnostics after a failed remote start to help define the problem.

Soldering is fun!
relacsn 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
Parking lights worked, got the siren goin. Still having trouble with remote start. Neutral safety wire is grounded, alarm is set to automatic. N.safety switch is in on position (with it off, I get an immediate error on remote). Changed the system to tachometer and followed procedure for learning tach. Still no luck. The lights flash once in between each start (so each time I hit button it trys 3 times and the light flashes each time) no other light flashes. Thanks
kreg357 
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

This might help determine the problem.

Remote Start Shutdown/Startup Diagnostics

Shutdown diagnostics: If the remote start activates but fails to stay running, the remote start module has the
ability to inform you of what may have caused the remote start failure. Before performing shutdown diagnostics
it is important that you let the remote start shut off on its own i.e. let it attempt to start 3 times then shut
down, if this is not done the unit will report the shutdown you used to shut off the remote start.
Note: Shutdown diagnostics does not report if the vehicles factory immobilizer is causing the problem.
To perform shutdown diagnostics:
1. With the ignition Off, press and hold the Control button (on Control Center).
2. Turn the ignition On and then back Off while holding the Control button.
3. Release the Control button.
4. Press and release the Control button. The status LED flashes to report the last shutdown for one minute or
until the ignition is turned on, as shown in the following table:

Status LED Flashes Shutdown Mode

1 flash Runtime expired
2 flashes Over-rev shutdown
3 flashes Low or no RPM
4 flashes Transmitter shutdown (or optional push button)
5 flashes (+) Brake shutdown
6 flashes (-) Hood shutdown
7 flashes Timer mode/Turbo mode/Manual mode error *
8 flashes Neutral safety shutdown
9 flashes Low battery (voltage mode)
10 flashes Alarm triggered **
11 flashes Wait-to-start input timed out
* Timer mode error: Ignition is on or shutdown input is active when activating timer mode.
  Turbo mode error: Turbo mode is programmed off, engine is not on or shutdown input is active.
  Manual mode error: MTS mode not enabled.
** Alarm was triggered during remote start sequence.

Startup Diagnostics: If the vehicle fails to activate the remote start, the remote start module will notify you via

your Responder HD 2-way remote control and will flash the parking lights on the vehicle to notify you of what
caused the no-start situation.
Parking Light Flashes
5 flashes Brake wire is active
6 flashes Hood pin wire is active
7 flashes Manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized.
8 flashes Neutral safety wire has no ground or the neutral safety switch is Off.

Soldering is fun!
relacsn 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
So I would go by the startup because it isn't remote starting at all. If I hit remote start and it starts going through the motions and then I hit the brakes, it stops and the remote says remote start error. if I hold the brakes and hit start the remote immediately says remote start error and flashes 5 times. If I open the hood and hit start the remote immediately says remote start error and headlights flash 6 times. I checked continuity between ground and the neutral safety wire pin at the alarm and its grounded. I verified it is on automatic trans. Here is what I'm reading on the heavy gauge connector
H3/1-     12V when ignition on and start
H3/2-     12V constant
H3/3-     12V when ignition on
H3/4-      12V when start
H3/5-      12V when start
H3/6-      12V constant
H3/7-       12V when ignition on and start
H3/8-       not used
H3/9-       12V constant
What am I missing here?? Car starts great, every time with key, rest of alarm is functioning as it should. it won't remote start with key in ignition. It doesn't flash any after all 3 trys just once for each try
relacsn 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
I don't think its related but I didn't hook up the RAP off from the DBALL. Is this wire really necessary?
kreg357 
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

RAP shutdown should not be causing any problems with a remote start.

H3/3 should also drop during start/crank output.

Verify that H3/4 Violet is connected to the vehicle side of the cut Yellow Starter wire and that H3/5 Green is connected to the key

side of the cut Yellow Starter wire.

Last resort would be to switch to W2W mode between the Viper and the DB-ALL.  This will aid in troubleshooting the problem.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic