the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 escape oem remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
I've done tons of those systems and never used a relay just use the purple /white as Jim suggested    I'm assuming its a ford system ? box says type A on it ? 2 single button remotes ? If it is everything its in the drivers kick panel
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
i too hve done a tone of them and never used the relay im guessing maybe this recommendation for relay was issued based on if you try to fire up lights from the switch( which even though youll find a wire that tests as pk lites there if you wire it there it will fry the switch circuit board) i have always gotten this wire under the sill and never had a problem cant say for sure how manyhad auto lights but i know some or at least one of them had to
danzung 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
jim hunter and chev104275
Thanks!. Yes, it is a ford system with with type A harness. While I went on reading forums, there are instances where they suggest, "if you have autolamps" you must use 2 relays one at PK and other at Headlight.....
which is what concerned me.
I have opened the drivers kick panel and the steering columns now and job will be done soon. Though it appears simple, I will post my experiences once done......
Thanks again for your input
DZ
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
remember the purple /white pk lights wire is under the sill plate back by the dr seat as the wire comes from under the seat and heads to the rear and make sure to meter wire as there are many purp/whites in there it is a + when pk lites are on
danzung 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2012 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
jim hunter wrote:
car has one bump start so tach isnt needed( in fact ford recommends not hooking it up) active out i believe is the ground when running for your bypass pk lights is a purple white + under dr sill plate back bathe dr seat in a harness coming out from under seat be sure to test as there are a few purple whites in there
Alright guys....I did it...the parking wire is confusing because it is somewhat brownish purple.....I followed the wire from the tail light(!!) to confirm...at the end, it works well and I have tachless mode......simple and a moron like me could do it...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic