icon

a new stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aliveagain 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
My vehicle is a 2006 Dodge ram quad cab. Right now I have polk momo's in the doors with a Rubicon 604 amp. I'll be having an Alpine CDE-HD138BT head unit and Zed audio Leviathen amp installed. I am pretty sure about a PowerBass extreme woofer in a sealed box under the back seat. I am looking for sound quality. Is anyone familiar with the polk and are there better speakers to put up with the wattage? Also, opinions on whether to run the sub off a separate amp or to use the Zed.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Sure, there are "better" speakers than Polks.  Diamond, Hex, Crystal, Seas... but the real question is are there any you think sound better?  Go shopping in a couple good car audio shops and listen.  You be the judge.  :)  The Zed amp is 6-channel  with several bridgeable pair, so it can be used to run stereo mains and your subwoofer without problem.  The only reason you'd need another amp is if you decided you wanted more power.
Support the12volt.com
unplugme71 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

The Polk Audio MM6501 with a proper amount of wattage from an amp sound pretty good and aren't that expensive. However, you can pick up a set of Rainbow SLC 265 Kicks if you want something even better with more mid-bass punch. I got them for $399 vs the Polks which can be had for about $230 from Crutchfield. It's really up to your ears and budget with what you want.

You can obviously get better prices if you shop around, but they might not be from authorized dealers.

'03 Acura RSX Type-S

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic