icon

ran power wire now i got error lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Last night I installed a power wire in my 08 Altima.. Here is the chain of events..
I removed the cover to the left of the dashboard, I removed the fusebox cover so I could take the screw out, I pulled the lower panel off, I popped out the ODBII reader, I unhooked the trunk wire, and unscrewed the other screws that were holding the lower panel..
I got my knife and started cutting out the carpet near the grommet.. I then cut the grommet and poked my screwdriver through it..
I pushed the wires through with a hanger and then had to remove the bottom of the airbox to get access to the wire..
That was all last night.. I left the car all torn apart because I was going to run some more wires today.. My wife needed me to go somewhere in a hurry this morning so I had to hurry and try and put it back together..
I didn't put any of the paneling or anything back on.. I just moved the wires that were in the way out of the way.. I went to put the airbox back on I noticed a piece of tubing was off.. I posted a question asking what it was and they said it was coming out of the CVT..
ran power wire now i got error lights -- posted image.
So I put that back on the nipple and clamped the box back on.. When I started the car it lit up:
TCS Off
slip
Service engine soon..
These are the errors I got:
P2138
Type PowerTrain
Status Stored
ECU $7E8
Description Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" / "E" Voltage Correlation
P2127
Type PowerTrain
Status Stored
ECU $7E8
Description Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "E" Circuit Low Input
I tried unplugging the negative for over 30 minutes but got the same thing when I started it up..
One other thing.. I noticed this plug but I don't think it's supposed to be plugged into anything..
ran power wire now i got error lights -- posted image.
Any ideas.. PLEASE!?!?
Thanks
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
The only thing I can think that could have possibly happened was I knicked a wire in the gromet hole while cutting (don't think I even came close to anything though)..
Or, when I had the guts laying out under the dash I may have shut the door and crimped a wire?
Could either of these possibly cause this error?
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Found this but don't know what the hell to do about it..
P2138
P2138 - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
Possible causes
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
- Faulty Electric Throttle Control Actuator
Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2138 Description
The Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor is installed on the upper end of the accelerator pedal assembly. The sensor detects the accelerator position and sends a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).
Accelerator pedal position sensor has two sensors. These sensors are a kind of potentiometers which transform the accelerator pedal position into output voltage, and emit the voltage signal to the ECM.
In addition, these sensors detect the opening and closing speed of the accelerator pedal and feed the voltage signals to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the accelerator pedal from these signals and controls the throttle control motor based on these signals.
Idle position of the accelerator pedal is determined by the ECM receiving the signal from the accelerator pedal position sensor. The ECM uses this signal for the engine operation
such as fuel cut.
Read more: http://www.nissanhelp.com/diy/obd_codes/p2138.html#ixzz1w85Ze9FO
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
I would check the wiring going to the APP. Your vehicle has an electronic throttle and the accelerator pedal is basically two separate potentiometers that generate different, but correlating, voltages. From the faults you posted it appears as if you have lost one of those voltages (which also most likely means the car is in limp mode and not safe to drive).
The wire from the APP should go directly to the ECU and most likely does not go under the hood (I believe the ECU is under the passenger dash but I could be wrong).
Kevin Pierson
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2012 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much for the reply. Where is the APP?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
youd be amazed at the amount of damage that a coat hanger can do to a wire harness. if its telling you there is something wrong with the accelerator pedal but you didnt go anywhere near it then you probably shorted some wires out either with the coat hanger directly or with the knife when you cut through the grommet.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
Ugh.. That's what I'm afraid...
Say I did do that.. How would a mechanic fix that? I mean, it's tight as hell with zero slack to even do anything..
I'm so scared this is going to be a thousand dollar repair..
Thanks for the reply.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
as far as checking and confirming the problem of exposed wires i guess you could use a snake camera to get a closer look. fixing it is just a matter of how many parts need to be taken out so you can have access to the harness and tape up any exposed wires. thats if you are lucky and didnt permanently damage the ECU.
also, that plug that you didnt think goes anywhere, it probably goes somewhere because they usually tape the plug to the harness if it isnt being used. being that it is a single, heavy gauge wire, it is probably a main power wire for something. i would definitely investigate a little more because that might be your whole problem.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
tbird2340 wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply. Where is the APP?
The accelerator pedal is the tall skinny pedal next to the wider brake pedal.
Kevin Pierson
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
LOL. Thanks!
So the APP module is on the pedal than.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic