the12volt.com spacer
icon

wiring 529t, 2006 chevy silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Apologies Tony, I didn't see your diagram but that's it.
I'd still test the motor wires first.
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tony_g
a big +1 for the wire test, just have to wait for the o.p to get back to us with the results of the wire probing.
thehitchmaster 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thehitchmaster
I will probe the wires as soon as I get to work in the a.m. If i remember correctly both wires are at rest, and the switch gives the 12v and the ground. Am I explaining that correctly?
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tony_g

with the ignition on and no pressing on the window switch you want to test the two wires that supply the window motor from the switch and see what you get on the wires

my hard drive has decided to go on strike and its the extra one that has all my alldata discs on it  wiring 529t, 2006 chevy silverado - Page 2 -- posted image.  so i  cant lookup the window wires to see how they rest otherwise it would save some time

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I can't for the life of me see why this can't work.
You don't use half the wiring or cut the motor wires.
1 x 529t and 2 relays per window. Will give you close vent and open.
No diodes etc. required.
wclose.bmp
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
But have you tested the motor wires yet?
firebirdude 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2013 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote firebirdude
Any more thoughts on this? I know it's an old topic, but I'm doing the exact same deal in an 04 Silverado and having troubles. Did Type-C work for you? Would Howie's diagram post two posts above mine work? I currently have it wired up like Type-A in this 529T manual (The lower picture, page 2)
http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/529T.pdf
Motor wires as shown. Red to +12V. Black to Ground. Orange to orange on the Viper alarm. ORANGE / Black to RED / White AUX channel.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2013 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itsyuk
dont you lose the bi-directional One-Touch ability for the windows using 2 529T units instead of a 530T?
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
viper5706 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2015 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote viper5706
Does anyone here knows if 535T works for Chevrolet Tahoe 2005? if so, which is the best diagram. Thanks
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2015 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes and test the switch wiring as above with the ignition on.
You need to see if the motor wires are ground, 12V+ or open circuit at rest with the ignition on.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic