icon

viper 5904 dome light wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
Again a common physics fallacy, in fact about 4 sirens will double the output.
Could I suggest air horns, it does wake up the neighberhood somewhat.
bad_dude 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Again I'm not happy about glass break, especially in conjunction with a shock sensor,, fine tuning so they don't interfere with each other is a nightmare, chuck everything else and go for a 508d.
So if I got with either Viper Responder 350 or Avital 5303, I should get rid of the shock sensor and just install the motion sensor 508D?
How hard is it to fine tune the shock sensor and 508D? So you don't recommend the glass break sensor with the motion sensor?
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
Shock and 508d won't interfere with each other, no problems.
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  

bad_dude wrote:
[So if I got with either Viper Responder 350 or Avital 5303, I should get rid of the shock sensor and just install the motion sensor 508D?
How hard is it to fine tune the shock sensor and 508D? So you don't recommend the glass break sensor with the motion sensor?
Thanks.

as howie says they will be fine,  i have recently put both in on my last install and they work great

bad_dude 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
Out of the 4 types of sensors, which one or combinations are ideal for DEI products? Which sensor(s) isn't or aren't necessary? And why?
I am just trying to learn and distinguish the function of each sensor.
-Impact sensor.
-Motion sensor.
-Tilt Sensor.
-Glass break sensor.
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
Motion, I wouldn't even bother with the others. But everyone hs their own opinion.
izombi82 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
miamipsd wrote:
First of all, hello to all. Just got to on to this site and I can't believe all the great information gathered here.
My question is, I just had a viper 5904 w/ remote start installed in my 03ford f250 diesel truck . When first arming, the key pad reads open. The installer advised me that the alarm is armed it's just because the interior dome light stays on for a few seconds and that keeps it from reading armed. Now, I can arm it, disarm it and rearm it, and the alarm reads correctly.
Is this correct and can I have it arm correctly the first time with the dome light going off and my key pad reading arm?
If I may, I know this is an older post but upon my recent install of this system on my 05 F250 I had this same issue with the remote buzzing claiming i had a door ajar when arming and if I recall correctly a setting in my bitwriter fixed the problem.
ckhaustralia 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
What setting using the bitwriter did the fix, ads I have the dame problem with my dome light delay telling me that a door is open when I arm it..
ckhaustralia 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Even though my brain is the 5704 what setting should I be looking for in the bitwritter?
ckhaustralia 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2013 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
Can anyone give more advice and detail please..., I personally can live with out ther dome light feature of my alarm, but am looking at it being a safty thing for when my daughter has borrowed the car at night. If the alarm is accidently turned off, eg keys bouncing around in her bag, the second the dome light comes on it thinks a door has been opened and the alarm wont reset and rearm its self... If I leave the dome light feature not hooked up, and my daughter were to accidently disarm the car, it will re arm and lock with in 20 seconds of no door being opened etc.. Please help any advice would be appreicated, and can some one tell me the difference between pin 47A and pin 47..
Many thanks in advance
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic