icon

5704 in a 2008 subaru

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxx355 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2012 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
I want to install this alarm in my wife's 2008 Subaru legacy limited. I am planning on adding a shock sensor, glass sensor, and trunk release for her. I know that I am capable of this. I just don't know what all parts that I will need to due the job.
I am also planning on purchasing a Bitwriter to due the programming.Due I need a PKALL for this car? I also do not know how many relays that I will need and where to use them. Any assistance would be appreciated.
08 Subaru Legacy limited
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
The PKALL will not perform the transponder bypass function for your Subie.  Unless you have a Dealer Scan Tool or dealer access to ADS iDatalink products, you will have to use a universal "key in the box" type bypass and lose a working key under the dash.
Soldering is fun!
maxx355 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks kreg357.
08 Subaru Legacy limited
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
5704 should come with a seperate shock sensor as opposed to the built in one on earlier units.
i am using a glass sensor on my car at the moment it works good,just gets set off by very heavy hail storms.
you will need to buy some diodes for things like door lock wires ect commonly suggested 1N4004,wiring info lookup on here shows a 2009 model no 2008 but possibility of wiring similarities, looking at that you shouldnt need any extra relays for wiring ignition for r/s portion.
programming the settings menu without bitwriter is pretty easy and straightforward enough but is quicker if you do decide to get one, im slowly edging towards one mainly as ive done dei brand starters for most of my family and want the few extra features available to adjust.
main thing is to just take some time identifying the correct wires and double and triple checking them if need be.
recently done a 5704 in an f350 and its pretty straightforward and having external shock sensor means you dont have to be picky where you mount the brain so it will detect impacts.
i have way too much time on my hands.....
maxx355 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
I was just looking at the different door lock styles and figured that I would need some diodes. Just did not know about needing any relays. The more that I look at the info on this site, the more I understand how to wire this thing. One thing that I did not find any wire info on is the auto climate control. I figure that I might need a factory manual to find this.
Thanx.
08 Subaru Legacy limited
tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
heating or cooling of the car will happen when you remote start as the accessory wires will be energized when started.
in winter when you park up the vehicle leave the temp set for hot and the blower running and vice versa for summer.
it should work regardless of manual or auto climate control as you set your desired temp and it will use either heat or ac to maintain it.
you dont need to connect any wires actually to the climate control panel as you would end up causing some damage as its part of the canbus system or something similar.
as long as all the wires are powered on r/s so as to simulate the same as what would be happening with a key start then it all should work fine. just set the auto climate to either a nice cool 16c in summer or a toasty 32c in winter and the auto climate control will apply what is needed to reach that temp.
maxx355 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Tony, will I need anything for the trunk release? It has a factory trunk release on the the key fob now.
08 Subaru Legacy limited
tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
from reading up on wiring info it says the trunk release is a reversing type,assuming its wired the same way as reverse door locks it would be a case of a relay which would be driven from the low current output of the trunk release channel.
wiring info says its a WHITE/ black wire at the module to the right of the steering column.
use a dmm on this wire and see what polarity it pulses when you hit the trunk release from the factory remote.
tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2012 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
just another thought,when you unlock the vehicle from the factory remote does it do progressive unlocking? i.e first push unlocks drivers door only and second push unlocks all the others,if so you can keep this feature with the 5704,even if it doesnt you can find the drivers lock motor wire and wire this feature up.
my wifes car had this and i kept it with my 5701 as its a nice feature especially if shes unlocking the car at night in the car park after work,stops the possibilty of someone trying to jump in the passenger side or back when she would go to unlock the vehicle.
definately a must have if you live in a not so nice area.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2012 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged  
Go to go now but I'll post details on the car, trunk release and driver priority unlock for late lunchtime Eastern time zone, I'm 5 hours ahead.
X 2 with Tony on HVAC control, not needed.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic