Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys,

Short Version:

I want a button that will default to being off, and pressing the button will light up the button + connect the two wires. Turning on my Amps. Shutting off my car will turn this button off and need it to be pressed everytime the 12volt wire connected to has power restored.

Long Version:

So recently my cars been struggling to start with my 2 amps and cap turning on at the same time. I have concluded this is the problem because normally when starting my car sometimes it will rev up to 1-2 thousand rpm then drop to 0 and died. But when ever I turn my stereo off before getting out of my car it starts PERFECT everytime.

Instead of remember to always shutoff my stereo (i always forget) I wanted to wire in a switch. I was thinking about using just a flip switch to cut the 12volt turn on wire. But wanted to try and find something a little better. I am hoping someone knows of a way I can make, or find a say push button. That when the car is off is disconnected, then when the cars on will still be disconnected even though the stereo is on providing 12volts to the wire. Then pushing this button will turn a light on, on the button and let the 12volts flow to the amps/cap. This way I don't have to remember to shutoff the switch and simply after i start my car can push this button to turn on the amps.

oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2012 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
See the 8th reply in latched on/off momentary w/ brake kill - ie, omit the off switch (replace it with a link/short) and run the "trigger" +12V from IGN+12V wrt:
button/switch to turn on amps -- posted image.
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks oldspark for the reply.
So basically, everytime the ignition has power and I press the button the constant 12v output will have power until I turn off the ignition?
Instead of using the ignition could I not just use the 12v turn on wire from the stereo so that when my car is in acc. mode I can still turn on my amps?
Thanks
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2012 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
Actually I just realised my error...
It's easier to see from the circuit diagram...
button/switch to turn on amps -- posted image.
The relay remains latched (and downstream circuit/amps alive) as long as +12V is present at the relay input #30.
Hence +12V to #30 must be broken, else the "off" button included which could be another relay turned on by IGN +12V.
But yes, the "on" trigger can be any +12V source.
If the "on" if from the #30 fused battery supply, you can turn it on any time. But you can't turn it off except by the "off" switch/relay or by breaking the +12V fused to #30.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic