icon

kicker cvrs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loudnoise123 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2012 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
aight got it the dowels are a great idea. i have been searching all over for a sub that will fit cant find anything so i did some more measurements tonight and right now where the tranny doesnt bump up from the floor to the bottom of the seat its 7", i could only measure out about 13.5" for width of the box and still 35" in length. Where the tranny is its about 4.5 almost 5". I could prolly make it 7.5" does that broaden my range of 12" subs? if so any suggestions?
loudnoise123 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2012 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
That would leave me with a 6" mounting depth if I make it downfire with a 1" gap and also using .5 mdf. Is that correct?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
lol, man you dont give up do you kicker cvrs - Page 5 - Last Post -- posted image. yea every little bit that you can raise the seat will help out. at some point though you might as well just build the seat into the box. build the box and put some pillows on top and mount the seatbelt brackets to the box.
a 6 inch mounting depth does broaden your options a little but you are still in the same category of smaller 12's. these kind of subwoofers will mostly give you about the same output given the amount of power you have on tap. plus, at some point, if you keep going bigger then your box will be too big for a single 12 sealed but still too small for two 12's or two 10's.
its understandable that you dont want to waste any money on something that may or may not give you more bass but that comes with the territory. there are simply too many variables that need to be measured to be able to tell you if you will win or lose. ive had many good and bad systems over the years, in fact im trying to figure out how to deal my own bass problems too. i took a gamble on whether or not i could stick a 15 in a small box because of space limitations and now im living to regret it. im stuck with the dilemma of needing space but wanting more bass too and at some point one of them will have to give.
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic