icon

2006 altima bose teardown.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mako1215 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
I thought when using a after market amp it was always a good idea to run a new set of wire to the location you were going to use?
I'll have to see how my wiring is setup coming off the Bose, because I think I'm confusing myself a little bit.
Just learning.
mako1215 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2012 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
2006 altima bose teardown. - Page 2 -- posted image.
Just learning.
mako1215 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
The first picture is the left side. I didn't know I
Here's the Bose that goes into the wiring
Here's the right side.
So where I show the wiring coming out is that the output wires?
Just learning.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Altima/2006/av.pdf
pages 19-22 for bose amp wiring
mako1215 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
DUH I'm retarded.
One of the plugs is bringing the signal in, and the other pushes it out to the speakers. Good lord I'm.
My next question is once I take the Bose amp is a harness available to connect the input plug to the output plug so I can use the HU for the real speakers.
Just learning.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
cool. pictures are great. the blue plug on that factory amp will be the output side of the amp. this is where you will find all of your speaker wires.
you can run all new wire to each speaker if you really want to, thats the way i would do it anyway. all i was saying is that it would be easier to run your wires from the new amp to the wires at the factory amp. this way you wouldnt have to deal with running wire into each door and running wire all over the car. this way all of your wiring is centrally located in the trunk.
the only thing you would have to do is unplug the blue plug and test each twisted set of wire to determine where it went. this saves you time and effort. there is nothing wrong with using the factory wires to install an amp but i just like to run my own.
you would do the same thing to run the rear speakers off of the HU except you will run the wires from the rear channels of the HU instead of from the aftermarket amp.
mako1215 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
So once I have the aftermarket headunit installed I can just tap the rear left - +, and the rear right - +, and then bring the wire the location?
I was trying to figure out a way to do that without tapping a wire off the head unit. I wonder if there is a harness that will still connect the 2, and allow me to do it that way.
Just learning.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2012 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
no there is no harness that i know of that will jump the two plugs. the plug going into the amp from the radio for signal does not have all of the wires you would need to make a direct jumper harness. it gets its signal exactly like a set of RCA's would carry a signal, it has multiple positives and one or two shared negatives.
to run the rear speakers from the radio you either need to run wire to the trunk and tap the rear speaker wires at the factory amp OR you can run the speaker wires straight from the radio to each speaker. its your choice but i would opt to have everything done in the trunk.
mako1215 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2012 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
See that's where I am confused. How can I tap the wires at the factory amp if I take it out?
Since the device that takes input, and gives the output is gone what is their to tap into exactly?
Just learning.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: June 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
if you take the amp out, the wires will still be there and they already run to each speaker. you are simply unhooking the factory speaker wires from the factory amp and connecting your new amp to the factory speaker wires and you are done. after that you can do what you want to the factory amp, leave it there, take it out, burn it, it doesnt matter.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic