the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5902 in 1999 ford explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
That is pretty odd. I'm leaning toward a bum unit. Without a second one to try and see if the same results occur I am out of ideas.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
nextelmike 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2012 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
i still think i have or dont have something connected right. i had everything except the remote start working on thursday of last week and i unhooked it to run the wire to their "permanent" homes and it has not worked since so i think i am missing something just dont know what it is... i dont think its a burnt unit because everything is connected with the battery disconnected... grrrr lol i wish i knew what i am doing wrong.. But thanks for your help though Smokeman1!
NExtelmike
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

If you disconnect the starter output wire H3/4 Violet does it show 12volts on it??

Maybe time to step back and recheck all of the wiring with the DMM.

nextelmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2012 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Without H3/6 hooked up H3/4 has steady 12V when i connect H3/6 the brain starts clicking like crazy and H3/4 has flickering 12V...
NExtelmike
smokeman1 
Posted: July 31, 2012 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
H3/4 should not have any voltage on it until the remote start is activated.  I just bench tested a Pyton 872 to confirm this. Wiring for this is the same as your 5902.  With H3/2, H3/6, and H3/9, connected to 12 volt source, no voltage on the Violet starter output wire.
nextelmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2012 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
So what does that mean? Do i not have something grounded somewhere? How do i fix this?
NExtelmike
nextelmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2012 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
This is the issue i am having now is if H3/1 (pink) is not connected to 12V H3/4 has pulsed 12V which continues to crank the starter... on a positive note i got the parking lights to work but still no door locks or anything from the command center... i really appreciate your help Smokeman1
NExtelmike
smokeman1 
Posted: July 31, 2012 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

Pink H3/1 should NOT be connected to a 12 volt source, it gets connected to the ignition 1 wire on the car.

I am thinking you have some wires crossed.

smokeman1 
Posted: July 31, 2012 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

12 Volt constant Yellow on Explorer         Red, RED / White, and RED / Black H3/2-H3/6-H3/9 

Ignition 1 Light GREEN/ Purple    Pink  H3/1

Accessory    Gray / YELLOW         Orange H3/3

Starter wire Cut  RED / Light Blue         Green to H3/5 to Key side of cut wire,  Violet H3/4 to starter side of cut wire

Ignition 2        BLACK/ Light Green          Pink/White  H3/7

From your last comment pink not connected to 12 volts tells me you have connected the wires incorrectly.  You need to verify the wires with a DMM

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2012 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Times 2 with the Smokeman.  Verify and test everything.     Below from earlier post..........

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1         GREEN/ Purple @ Main Ignition connector

H3/2 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED (30A)                     Yellow @ Main Ignition connector
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACC OUTPUT           Gray / YELLOW @ Main Ignition connector
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)    RED / Light Blue @ Main Ignition connector \ cut
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)    RED / Light Blue @ Main Ignition connector / cut
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A)      Yellow @ Main Ignition connector
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) FLEX RELAY OUT   BLACK/ Green @ Main Ignition connector *** Set for ACC2
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY 87A   Not Used
H3/9 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED (30A)       Yellow @ Main Ignition connector
H3/10 NC (no connection) Not Used

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic