the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 infiniti g37x, viper 5501

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2012 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
on new vipers there is a neutral safety wire AND a switch that needs to be plugged in to the brain and the wire needs to be grounded. im not using the same bypass on my frontier but there is still a small delay when it locks and unlocks, nowhere near 5 seconds but there is a delay. maybe you need to have a hardwired connection to the lock wires of the car instead of using them through the bypass, this should get rid of any delay.
if you still have problems with your neutral safety then you might need to delete your keypad from the brain and then re-sync them to the alarm. i know it sounds strange but i was having the same problem with my viper 5901 when i installed it, i would get the neutral safety error code even though everything was wired right and that is all i had to do to get it to work.
cpuguy06 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
I've tried hooking it up with the following combinations:
NSS plugged in, NSS wire grounded and the DB-ALL connected.
NSS plugged in, NSS wire not connected and DB-ALL connected.
NSS unplugged, NSS wire grounded and DB-ALL connected.
NSS plugged in, NSS wire grounded and DB-ALL disconnected.
I'll try to re-pair the remotes and see if that takes care of it. Thanks soundnsecurity!
cpuguy06 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
I deleted all remotes, repaired my remote.
Still bitching about NSS.
Reset all features to default.
I got error code 7 about being in manual mode.
Changed trans mode to automatic.
Complained about NSS again.
I don't know what you all think, but I think its time for a brand new brain NOT from eBay. Thoughts?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure that the brain is set to automatic?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
cpuguy06 
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
That is another problem I've been having with this brain...automatic transmission mode not sticking. I'll set it, turn ignition on to cancel the programming sequence, turn ignition off and then try to remote start it with errors. Go back into the programming menu and the transmission mode is changed back to manual. Would something else have to be done with the NSS if it was in manual mode?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

Are you getting to the correct menu?  Turn ignition on then Off, Press and HOLD the valet button until you get three hork honks that indicate you are in Menu 3. Release the button then press it once and release, then press and hold.Should get one horn honk for item One.  Use the remote lock button to cycle through the options for the that item. It sould only cycle through Option One and option Two. You should get two horn honks for automatic, One honk is manual. When you have it set to Automatic wait 30 seconds for the Viper unit to exit the programing menu. 

It can be a tricky sequence to get right, but keep trying.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
cpuguy06 
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I'm positive I'm in the right menu. Those are the exact same steps I've followed. I'll try your suggestion and wait for the Viper to time out instead of turning the ignition on and then off to exit the programming sequence. Thanks!
cpuguy06 
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
No difference. Are there any other features or options I could turn off just to get the damn thing to at least initiate the start sequence?
cpuguy06 
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
Wow...re-read over the installation diagram and found out that I had the NSS wire in the wrong pin on the Viper. I'm not sure why, but the plug thats in the 18 pin plug on the unit lists Pin 1, 2, 17 and 18, however, it must be from a different unit as the pin outs do not match the unit. Glad I caught this before giving in and buying a new unit.
Thanks again everyone...now I feel dumb.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
you shouldnt feel dumb and im actually impressed that you caught that mix up. my next suggestion would have been to cut the switch off and hardwire the connection thinking the switch might be bad but i guess you have it figured out.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic