icon

delay off relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jagadeesh 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Dear John DeRosa, thank you for your precious time, Now I am able to understand better about the circuit especially redrawn one, mentioning in detail, as to how the relay behaves at the far right side of the relay coil 85 and 86 terminals. Now I will do the circuit and come back with some positive result.
with regards,
Jagadeesh
jagadeesh 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2012 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
At the ignition input 12 volt of the redrawn circuit, the diode is in reversed placement compared to the original sketch, may I know the reason for this, sorry for double post, delayed understanding after going through the circuit in detail it came to my observation -the question is-if ignition input is fed, 12 volt voltage will be limited at the diode point -1N4001. I am correct- if not correct me.
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2012 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Oops I screwed up the diode should be reversed as in the original diagram
John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
jagadeesh 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2012 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for diode information,I will correct my self in the redrawn circuit- only the diode portion, now i am happy, meanwhile, I have brought the automative relays and the electronics components, based on your circuit I will build the circuit for- 10 second wait to start circuit when positive pulse is received the circuit delays the positive for about 10 second and then triggers the positive pulse to starter, after triggering the circuit goes off. this is the plan I have in my mind. I will take the help of neighbor children to identify the resistor color code as I have color blindness and then use the color to codify, start doing practicals by applying the load as 35 watts bulb presuming the bulb as starter motor.I don't need exact 10 second, 2 to 3 second does not make difference to me,after getting success I will mention what went well, once again thanks for your precious time, I am very grateful to you, you saved be the shipping cost of 528T.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Why do I have the feeling that you are trying to build a home made remote start?
If so I must strongly caution you against building it, too dangerous.
Where are your inhibitors, engine tach to cease starter grinding?
Over-revving?
What stops it starting in gear if a manual?
Someone stealing the vehicle?
Hood (bonnet) being opened?
And on a time and cost basis far cheaper inc. shipping to buy and install a ready made from a known manufacturer.
I made the last point because ALL reputable product includes a wait to start feature for diesels.
jagadeesh 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2012 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have fixed the remote starter in petrol cars and the safety feature I would use handbrake earthing, the negative voltage feeds the starter to come otherwise it won't. Presently I am making use of the another remote start module to diesel car which basically required the wait to start, so only wait to start feature is home made and main module is from xenos manufacturer. I am not competent to create home made remote starter main module with remote transmitters which requires extensive knowledge,in that case I better purchase as you say, I agree with you that purchasing a module is far better but few changes can be modded and my knowledge is very limited. I am ardent follower of safety, safety is first.Thanks for your concern I understand you what the safety means not only to us, but on the other side also.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2012 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  
A remote start with only a handbrake safeguard?
Oh dear....
Howard - we have a problem!
jagadeesh 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
when you don't apply hand brake no negative signal is received at the starter, so safety is assured, antigrind /brake/tach sense /bonnet all these things are not applicable as long as I take care of safety issue.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
And every REPUTABLE manufacturer allows for these things plus built in wait to start for diesels. Methinks we'll be asked next why this R/S requires a connection to the oil pressure switch.
You know what my next comment will be don't you Peter.
Foot brake?
Bonnet switch interrupts?
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
jagadeesh wrote:
...so safety is assured, antigrind /brake/tach sense /bonnet all these things are not applicable as long as I take care of safety issue.
jagadeesh, it is obvious you do not understand the safety issues involved.
But you have been warned or advised.
I'm staying out of this one.
Whilst I love seeing negligence sued, I get upset at injury and deaths that should have been avoided.
Unwatching this topic.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic