alpine 7802 unable to set clock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
onurmarc 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2012 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Howdy, to all you expert Audiophiles,
I recently bought a used car with an Alpine 7802 old school HU, and no matter what I try, I can't get the clock to start flashing, so I can set it.
I have searched the internet for the manual or some literature about this radio and the only info I can find is from guys in forums like this, so that's why I'm asking for help with this here.
I private messaged someone here also, so hopefully either he or you guys can help me.
The writing is pretty worn off of the controls and through pictures that I've found on the internet,   (one that's below),   I've pretty much been able to figure out how everything works, and for how old it is, it seems to be pretty good quality.    But even though I can get the clock to display, either while the tuner is playing or not, I can't find the right key to hold to make it flash, so it can be set.   Then, even if I do find the right key to get it to set, then which keys do I use to set the min. and hours?
Any help in this, I'm sure, is a simple matter, will be appreciated. I feel so dumb, not being able to figure this out myself. Even though, an owner's manual would be nice to have with this unit.
alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image. alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image. alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image.
alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image. alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image. alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image.
P.S.   I found some other units that are pretty close to this unit, but I can't find any info or manuals on them either.   (pics below)
alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image. alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image.alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image.alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image. alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 03, 2012 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
If you can not find any info on setting the clock. Following are failsafe instructions to set the clock on any radio out there, OEM or aftermarket.
Disconnect battery for a few minutes, reconnect battery and notice if the deck has 12:00 or 1:00, it will be one or the other. Now set a timer or alarm clock for 11:50 or 12:50, disconnect the battery and reconnect it at 12:00 or 1:00.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2012 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
If you can not find any info on setting the clock. Following are failsafe instructions to set the clock on any radio out there, OEM or aftermarket.
Disconnect battery for a few minutes, reconnect battery and notice if the deck has 12:00 or 1:00, it will be one or the other. Now set a timer or alarm clock for 11:50 or 12:50, disconnect the battery and reconnect it at 12:00 or 1:00.

alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image. Why yes, that should work!  alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
onurmarc 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2012 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks to all who posted solutions.
I finally figured it out. I knew it was something really simple.
While holding the clock button in steadily, press and release the 5 key(hr) until coming to hour desired. Press and release the 6 key(min) until coming to minutes desired.
If it weren't for the pictures above, showing which button is which, I never would have figured it out.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2012 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
You're lucky. My new Alpine doesn't include a clock. (Rats! Do I have to fit a clock to my dash?!)
Luckily I scored a new GPS so that'll do for now.
It's funny the little extras that are missed. (I run audio straight from the battery. I could access the time/clock without ign keys.)
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 04, 2012 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Which Alpine deck do you have Peter? I have never seen one without a clock.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2012 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
CDM-9821.
Yet again, I'll be glad to be wrong...
(That's a "thanks in anticipation" if I am, and another reminder that I want your name!)
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2012 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM%20CDM-9821.pdf
Page 6...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2012 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
I'm an Idiot!!!
The CDM9821 was my previous (with the blown faceplate thanks to a bad engine to body ground).
My newie is a CDE-121E.
Thanks Tommy. Sorry - my bad! (And not how I expected to be "wrong".)
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2012 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  
oldspark wrote:
I'm an Idiot!!!
The CDM9821 was my previous (with the blown faceplate thanks to a bad engine to body ground).
My newie is a CDE-121E.
Thanks Tommy. Sorry - my bad! (And not how I expected to be "wrong".)
I was a little worried... alpine 7802 unable to set clock -- posted image.
We have the CDE-121 Here. This Unit Does have a Clock. The CDE-121E is not a Model # here. Your old unit had the capability to Switch for Over-the-Pond stations. Is that what the "E" represents...?
**Im looking at Alpine Austrailia, now... I posted the Manual. I am sure you have a copy and have perused it... Just to Add it...
http://www.alpine.com.au/files/OwnersManuals/cde_121e.pdf
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic