fortin evo and remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
john07 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

Hello again

Let me start be saying I got the data cable to work. It locks the doors, monitors the door switch, hood pin, brake switch. When I pulse the start activation wire(grounding 3 times) from the r/s, the car starts. So thats a good thing. Now the fortin diagram shows the doors need to be wired for lock and unlock from the r/s. I am using my factory remotes with this, so why is this needed? I tried to plug in these wires to the empty spots on my bcm like it says. It did nothing. I also tried plugging in the start activation wire to the lock spot on the bcm and it did nothing. I am supposed to hit lock 3 times for the car to start. I have not tied the start activation and the lock wire from the r/s to the lock spot on bcm. These wires do not seem to make a good connection when I push them into the slots.  When I push on the lock wire, I can hear a click from up in the dash. Sounds like a relay. I tried to keep pressure on the wire, just to make sure it is touching and tried to start it, but it did nothing. I seem to be getting close to finished, but have run into a snag.

Thanks

John T
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
John07 You are absolutely correct, for the RS-00 for crimestopper, you do not need to hook up the lock/unlock wires to the BCM. You would only need to do this if you were using an aftermarket remote starter that came with remotes and had keyless entry buttons on it. Since the RS-00 doesn't come with aftermarket remotes and is activated by the factory Key Fob you don't need to wire in the blue/green lock wires from the crimestopper to the BCM. You do however need to connect the green (-)activation wire coming off the red 3 pin plug to the drivers door lock motor wire. This wire is located at the BCM and is Purple in the black plug Pin. It will test as a Positive on your meter when you hit lock either on the keyfob or the door panel. You will need to add a relay to change the Positive pulse you get when you hit lock to a negative pulse. fortin evo and remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.
john07 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you very much for this needed info. Do you happen to know the BCM pin # for this hookup.

Thanks

John T
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
I could only see a clear picture of the unlock wire which was yellow at pin A4. It looks like from the picture I've seen that the plug has two rows of pins. It looks like the Purple wire you are looking for is in the row above A1 or A2. As always, test with your meter...
john07 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

I am almost done with this project. Everything seems to be working  with the data cable hookup. I hooked up 2 relays. One for the Anti grind and one to reverse the door lock trigger polarity. I added 2 diodes for the GWR like it said in the manual if hooking it to 2 different things.  I noticed that a red led stays lit up on the Evo-Can after the car has shut off. This is either with the key or remote start. After it remote starts, I get a red and a yellow while running. I just think it's weird that a light would stay on all the time. Wondering if this is normal. One other thing I noticed is that after a remote start the factory alarm led stays on solid while driving.

Any thoughts?

John T
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
john07 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2012 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  

I just figured out why the factory alarm led stays on after remote start. I just looked at the evo wiring diagram and it just dawned on my that I didn't hook up the part that talks about the security light. For some reason I thought it was talking about the dome light. My bad. So this should be an easy fix.

John

John T
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
john07 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

Hello again

Ok I have one more problem. The crimestopper GWR wire is showing a ground all the time. I disconnected everything connected to this wire and the ground is still there. This ground is what is making the Fortin unit have a red led on it all the time. I can only think this is a bad R/S unit. Everything else still works. Is there a way around this or should I send it back for an exchange.  Boy I though I was done with this project but I guess not.

Thanks

John T
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
You can try using the ORANGE / white wire in the 3 pin red harness. I Never tried to substitute the GWR yellow/black wire before. I don't see why it wouldn't work in your case.
john07 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Hello
I am using tachless mode right now. If I decide to hook up a tach wire, do I hook up the tach wire from the bypass or the r/s or both. This was a little confusing because the bypass and the r/s both have a lot of the same connections.
Thanks
John T
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2012 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
you just join the Tach wire from the crimestopper to the Fortin Module. After you make the connection, the crimestopper needs to learn that signal. So you start the car, then press the valet switch 5 times. WAIT, the parking lights will respond back with 5 flashes. After the 5th flash press the valet button once, Wait and the parking lights will flash once. Then press the brake pedal once. The crimestopper should respond with 1 parking light flash after you let go of the brake pedal. Turn off the car, and you are done. Though tachless should work fine on that car.
Did the ORANGE / white work for you as a GWR?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic