icon

2003 acura tl and honda sl3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snaoum 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
In the process of installing an audiovox aps901C with a honda sl3 bypass in a 03 TL-s. The car tries to start but fails and the green key light flashes. I programmed the SL3 but it will not come on during remote start. I applied ground directly to the blue wire on the SL3 and still it does not turn on. I tried another SL3 that I know works and same thing. I donno what is wrong. I followed the SL3 type 2 wiring diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Did you put a meter on the main power input to the SL3 to make sure it is getting power? Same with the main ground.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Yes there is 12v and ground. I took the blue wire of the SL3 and put it directly to ground and the unit LED does NOT come on.
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Update:
The blue wire on the SL3 was not making a connection. The pin itself was broken so I fixed that. It learned the program and when I go to remote start it starts no security green light on but the car runs for only like 10 seconds before it turns off. When it tries again to start it fails with the green security light on. Help please.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Disconnect the SL3 and try remote starting it with the key in the ignition (in the off position). See if it starts and stays running.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hasn't learned tach.
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have not connected tach. I have done others without connecting tach. I believe I have tried with the key in the ignition and it will start and then turn off also.
offroadzj 
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
If it doesn't run with the key in the ignition then its not a bypass related issue. Did you program the unit for tachless operation? A tach connection is always the best way to connect the starter, but it may not necessarily be your issue here.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
Well it does run, but for like 10 seconds and then shuts off. When the remote starter tries to restart it fails with the security light flashing.
offroadzj 
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
And that is with the key in the ignition and the SL3 out of the car and the data wire re-connected correct? If so then it doesn't sound like a bypass issue.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic