icon

2003 acura tl and honda sl3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2012 at 3:51 AM / IP Logged  
Frankly I don't give a damn if you've connected others without tach, more fool you but what you've described is EXACTLY non-learned tach.
ALL R/S UNITS; ANY MAKE WILL RUN FOR 10-15 SECONDS IF TACH NOT LEARNED.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2012 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
I'd have to agree with howie. The correct way is to connect a tach. It sounds like your unit is programmed for tach mode and is looking for a tach signal that doesn't exists since it's not connected.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
snaoum 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
It works perfectly now. The RS programming needed to be changed for voltage sensing. Once I did that it started and stays running.
I am still in shock that the SL3 blue wire was not terminated in the connector correctly. What are the chances of the wire being crimped in the connector without it being stripped back I just don't know.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
According to your info you are in the Northeast... so although voltage sensing is working for you now, I wouldn't plan on it being very reliable over time. Do yourself a favor and connect the tach. It will provide 2 major 'conveniences'. 1, it will give the unit a clear accurate signal that the vehicle is started (cutting down on the 'false' starts. 2, if there is ever an issue with say a stuck throttle, or something that would cause the vehicle to over-rev, the tach works as a safety and senses that over-rev and shuts the car down to save it from possible engine damage.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
I cannot find the tach wire. Any pictures showing in detail where this wire is? Documents say blue wire in connector behind air box.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
Blue wire in 2 way connector taped to engine bay loom, driver side behind suspension tower.
Or to injection control or an injector wire odd colour.
Or behind rev counter in inst. panel.
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2012 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
I will look for the tach wire and wire it up. Why does the APS901C not retry when first try fails? Is it because it thinks the car has started? The problem is when its cold the car tries but does not start. The parking lights do come on and stay on which makes me think the RS thinks the car is running therefor does not retry. I am hoping wiring the tach is the solution once I find it. Any other suggestions? Noticed that when it does not start, if I turn it off and try to RS again the second time it does start.
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone know why the remote starter will run forever and not time out? I am sure I have it set to 20min but it will remote start and continue to run forever.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic