the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 forester remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  

Ok.  Think I might have figured it out.  You are using the DEI451M module with your Viper 771XV.  That is where

the Purple wire with the fuse is coming from. If that assumption is correct then...

First, for your car, the 2003 Subaru Forester, you don't need that 451M module, so remove it.  You can do the door

locks directly from the Viper 771XV. 

There are two ways to accomplish this.  The first way will lock all the doors with one Viper Lock buttom press and

unlock all the doors with one Viper Unlock button press.  This was shown before as follows :

Viper 771XV 3 Pin door Lock Harness    Diode for Flip/Flop output           Forester BIU

GREEN (-) LOCK (+) UNLOCK OUTPUT  ---> 1N4004 band towards viper ---> RED / white (-)        @ BIU, gray 20 pin plug, pin 12  
BLUE (+) LOCK (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT     ---> 1N4004 band towards viper ---> yellow/red (-)       @ BIU, gray 20 pin plug, pin 11 ( might be Pin 14 )

The second way to make the install is similar but allows use of the Vipers' Priority Unlock feature.  That means

that the Vipers' FOB's will act the same as the Factory FOB's.  (i.e. One press on the Unlock button will unlock
just the Drivers door, the second press on the Unlock button ( within 3 seconds ) will open the rest of the doors.)
Here is how to wire that :

Viper 771XV 3 Pin door Lock Harness Diode for Flip/Flop output            Forester BIU

GREEN (-) LOCK (+) UNLOCK OUTPUT  ---> 1N4004 band towards viper ---> RED / white (-)           @ BIU, gray 20 pin plug, pin 12  
BLUE (+) LOCK (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT     ---> 1N4004 band towards viper ---> ORANGE / Black (-)     @ BIU, gray 20 pin plug, pin 14 ( might be Pin 11 )

Viper 771XV 6 Pin Secondary Harness

H2/6 Lt Blue (-) Second Unlock    ---> no diode needed ---> yellow/red (-)       @ BIU, gray 20 pin plug, pin 11 ( might be Pin 14 )

As before, use the DMM to locate, test and verify the lock wires at the BIU before making your connections. 

Soldering is fun!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  
If you wire it for non-priority locking, you will need to split the blue (+) lock (-) to the yellow/red AND the ORANGE / black (using 2 1n4001 / 1n4004 diodes) in order to unlock all doors.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
marquiess 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Ok. 

The second way to make the install is similar but allows use of the Vipers' Priority Unlock feature.  That means
that the Vipers' FOB's will act the same as the Factory FOB's.  (i.e. One press on the Unlock button will unlock
just the Drivers door, the second press on the Unlock button ( within 3 seconds ) will open the rest of the doors.)
Here is how to wire that :

Viper 771XV 3 Pin door Lock Harness  Diode for Flip/Flop output            Forester BIU

GREEN (-) LOCK (+) UNLOCK OUTPUT  ---> 1N4004 band towards viper ---> RED / white (-)  @ BIU, gray 20 pin plug, pin 12  
BLUE (+) LOCK (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT     ---> 1N4004 band towards viper ---> ORANGE / Black (-)     @ BIU, gray 20 pin plug, pin 14 ( might be Pin 11 )

Viper 771XV 6 Pin Secondary Harness

H2/6 Lt Blue (-) Second Unlock    ---> no diode needed  ---> yellow/red (-)       @ BIU, gray 20 pin plug, pin 11 ( might be Pin 14 )

As before, use the DMM to locate, test and verify the lock wires at the BIU before making your connections. 

Ok I wired it this way and all doors work apart from the drivers which won't lock or unlock. Any other ideas?
Thanks.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

Strange.  The drivers door won't lock or unlock with Viper inputs at the BCM. With the Lock function, all doors should lock and with the second Unlock signal, all doors should

unlock.   Does the drivers door work properly with the Factory FOB's?  Does the drivers door work OK with the door buttons ( both Drivers side and Passengers side )?

Wondering if something happened to the BIU?  While you had the 451M module connected, did you have that fused Purple wire going to +12V?  With Type B locks, it should

have been connected to chassis ground.

If everything works OK with the Factory FOB's and switches, you could try catching the Lock and Unlock wires in the Drivers Kick Panel ( although I believe they are logically

the same ).  If that worked you wouldn't have Priority Unlock via the Viper but at least it would lock and unlock the drivers door.  Other than that, you might try the big reset
by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes.  You would lose your radio presets but might get everything working again.

Soldering is fun!
marquiess 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Well damn it I think at one point I blew a fuse up front for the clock with the purple attached to 12+ and replaced the fuse and I guess didn't think anymore of it. The fuse blew when I pressed lock on the remote so I bet you are right, that's what happened. The door won't lock on the drivers by pressing any buttons but everything else does. I will have to lock manually until I can get a BIU. I could kick myself.
Thanks man. I will try to get a new unit and post back.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic