icon

cannot find these wires, 98 avalon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
goldengrove 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

hello all.98 toyota avalon xls. i have an autopage c3-rs1100 remote start / alarm paired with fortin key override all  bypass module.i cannot find the keysense wire on my car. also, there are four wires that  lead from the key cylinder ( accordin to the diagram supplied by fortin) i cannot find those wires. i have searched the web like crazy, but the color of the wier i saw do not match those on my car. i do most of the mechanical work on my car myself. this is my first bmajor electrical work on the car, yes i am handy with a solder iron and i do like to fix things.without these wires the thing will not work and it is getting colder here in new york. the thing is beating me like a drum and kicking me like a fooyball. 

benzo33 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Perhaps you do not have an immobilizer. I did a '99 Sienna, and it did not have one. Looks there is supposed to be a 5 pin harness.
2001 Corolla S and 2005 Neon SRT 4 ACR.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
I highly doubt you have an immobilizer on that. Wrap the head of your key in foil (completely covering the plastic part of the key) and try starting it. If it starts then you don't have an immobilizer.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
Darn-it Kenny, you took the words right out of my mouth. cannot find these wires, 98 avalon -- posted image.
In case the car has a factory alarm, the keysense wire is
RED / yellow (-) at the ignition harness
goldengrove 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

The car does have and immobilizer; and there is a five pin harness, but the colors of the wires are different. how do i know which one is data, clock, synchronize, and ground?

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  

Info from iDatalink

Transponder 5 Pin connector

Name       Pin   color
AMP           1 LtGreen (DATA)
Code         2 BLACK/ Red (DATA)
RXCK        3 Yellow (DATA)
TXCT         4 Green (DATA)
Ground      5 WHITE/ Black

Ignition Connector

Key Sense       RED / Yellow (-) Ignition switch

Soldering is fun!
goldengrove 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
yes,those are the wires in the five pin connector.I just have to find the key sense wire.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
It is in a different connector from the transponder wires.  Sometimes ( on Toyota's ) it's kinda hidden around back or down low on the ignition switch.
Soldering is fun!
goldengrove 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

I found the key sense wire,it was at the back and below the white pin with the ignition wire and other wires.Thanks a lot guys, for the help you have given mecannot find these wires, 98 avalon -- posted image.

Today I spent about one hour testing and attaching the heavy wires,all connections were soldered and well taped with insulation tape.My vehicle has only one starter wire and the RS calls for two starter wires.Can someone please walk me through this? I understand that I have to get  a SPDT relay, which I already have.

kreg357 
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

On the AutoPage C3-RS1100 22 Pin connector there is a wire at Pin 2 called Second Starter Output.  You can use this

wire to control an extra 30/40 Amp SPDT Relay.  Wire as follows :
Relay Pin 85 to C3-RS1100 Pin 2 Gray/Black Second Starter Output
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V constant thru 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Avalon Starter 2 wire at ignition harness
Relay Pin 87A not used -  insulate

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic