cannot find these wires, 98 avalon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
goldengrove 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

http://carmedia1.com/pdf/RS1100OLED.pdf

from the diagram found on page 4 of the link above, i know where to connect wires number 2,8,10, 18, and 20. Numbers 5, 6, 12, 13 and 14 will not be connected, but the remaining wires i do not know where to connect them. please reply with the connection locations. thanks in advance for the help and the help that i have received so far .  cannot find these wires, 98 avalon - Page 2 -- posted image.

benzo33 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2012 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
You don't need to connect the 2nd starter output. It is only needed if you had 2nd starter wire in your car (i.e. Nissans). What bypass did you go with? Wire 1 is the GWR output(-200 mA), used for bypass & keysense wires. Wire 3 is 2-step unlock (-200mA), you can use if you want. Wire 4 instant start and turn off input (-), normally used for testing during installation. Wire 7 is channel 4 output (-200mA). Wire 9 is ground while disarmed (-200mA). Wire 11 is channel 6 output (-200 mA). Wire 15 is zone 3 (-) door trigger, which connects to RED / white in dkp. Wire 16 is channel 2 (trunk) ouput (-200mA), normally connected to the trunk release (WHITE/ blue) via relay. Wire 19 is (+) door pin trigger, which is not connected since you have (-) door triggers. Wire 21 is the GWA (-200mA) , normally used for starter kill and other accessories (i.e. power window modules). Wire 22 is channel 5 output (-200mA).
2001 Corolla S and 2005 Neon SRT 4 ACR.
goldengrove 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

I go with Fortin ,key override all. What I was trying to get is,where exactly do I make the connections for those wires? For example, wire 8 is connected to the brake wire so that when the brake is depressed,the brain will see +12 volts and shut the vehicle down.Thanks for your help.

benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2012 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
Wire 8 (BLACK/ white) can be grounded. Wire 10 (WHITE/ red) is connected to black with silver dots behind the instrument cluster. Wire 18 (WHITE/ violet) to GREEN / WHITE @ switch above brake pedal. Wire 20 is connected to the hood pin switch installed in the engine bay.
goldengrove 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2012 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the advise. I made a mistake when I mentioned that wire 8 goes to the brake wire of the vehicle.Which wire is connected to the bypass module?

benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
According to the fortin key override all manual, connect WHITE/ black to CLK(yellow) key side, then white & yellow/black to CLK(yellow) ECM side after you cut the wire in half. Then pink/black to DATA(BLACK/ red) key side and pink & PURPLE / white to DATA(BLACK/ red) ECM side after cut the wire in half. Then blue  to GWR(BROWN / black) of RS 1100. Then green to RED / yellow(keysense). White is N/C. Connect datalink cable to H2 port of RS1100. Remember to verify the wire colors since you have the install manual.
goldengrove 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2012 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
Hello guys. I would like to know how to wire a relay for the anti-grind feature, and what size of wire and fuse should I use?
goldengrove 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
I am confused about this relay wiring on page sixteen of the manual.

http://carmedia1.com/pdf/RS1100OLED.pdf

I am trying to hook up anti grind starter feature.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2012 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  

The relay wiring shown on Page 16 uses the AutoPages Ground When Armed output.  This setup will only prevent

a key start when the AutoPage unit is armed ( Starter Kill ).  However once you unlock/disarm the system to
enter the car, this GWA signal drops and would not provide the Anti-Grind protection you are looking for. 
I looked in the programming section and I don't see any option that will change this output to Anti-Grind like
some R/S systems can.  ( Please note that I could be wrong about this GWA wire and it's programming.  I do not
use AutoPage systems.) 

You are already using the AutoPage H6/1 BROWN / Black GWR output for the Fortin Key-Override-All bypass module.

You can use the H6/14 Yellow Ignition3 Output to control a relay for the desired Anti-Grind feature. You will
need a 30/40 amp SPDT Bosch style relay.  You will have to cut the Avalons' Red Starter wire.  Wire as follows :
Relay Pin 85 to AutoPage H6/14 Yellow Ignition3 wire.
Relay Pin 86 to AutoPage H1 Yellow Ignition wire ( just add this wire leaving the existing connection to vehicle intact )
Relay pin 30 to cut Avalon Yellow Starter wire - ignition switch side
Relay Pin 87A to cut Avalon Yellow Starter wire - vehicle side ( also connect AutoPage H1 Violet )
Relay Pin 87 - Not Used

This wiring is similar to the Starter Kill circuit shown on Page 16 except the relay control is coming from H6/14.

Another important difference : I followed standard relay wiring conventions and used Pin 85 as (-) and Pin 86 as (+),
which is reversed from the AutoPage diagram.  Doing it the this way would require the 1N4003 quenching diode to be
reversed, with the band towards Relay Pin 86.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2012 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry about this it's for Frank, A.K.A. shortcircuits.
Your inbox is full and it's been done, Downloads/Manuals VW Tiguan.
09 is the only year listed but they are all the same to the present according to Wiki.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic