icon

viper 5204 in a 2000 mitsubishi mirage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fredplus1 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
The unlock function works when it is the only wire connected. And when connected to vehicle lock wire it locks the doors when unlock button is pushed. I can figure out how to change the output of the viper lock wire to match the unlock.
Also other then the door monitor, tach and dome light, do I need to connect any other wires from H2 harness?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

The locks in the 2000 Mirage should be Type B (-).  You should be able to connect the Viper 5204 lock output

wires ( Green and Blue ) directly to the correct vehicles wires.  Info below from Ready Remote and Bulldog :

Power Lock       lt. GREEN/ black  (-)      in White Plug @ bottom of the fuse box  
Power Unlock   blue/white  (-)   in White Plug @ bottom of the fuse box

Assuming you have factory power locks ( not after-market ).

To locate, test and verify these wires, set your DMM to 20V DC, connect the Red test lead to +12V constant and the

Black test lead to the suspect wire.  When the suspect signal is present, the DMM will read +12V.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

Yes on H2 wire connections...

H2/1 PINK/WHITE (-) 200mA IGNITION/FLEX RELAY CONTROL OUTPUT         Not Used

H2/2 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY INPUT              Chassis Ground if Automatic Transmission
H2/3 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT         Not Used
H2/4 GREEN/ BLACK (-) 200mA OEM ALARM DISARM OUTPUT     Not Used      
H2/5 RED / WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT              Not Used
H2/6 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT (N/C* OR N/O)       
H2/7 BLACK / YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION OUTPUT
H2/8 BROWN / BLACK (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT   Optional
H2/9 DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT      Not Used
H2/10 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT            Not Used
H2/11 WHITE/ BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT                 Not Used
H2/12 VIOLET (+) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT        
H2/13 WHITE/ VIOLET (-) 200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT                 Not Used
H2/14 VIOLET/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT      Not Used
H2/15 ORANGE / BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT             Not Used
H2/16 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT                   GREEN (+)  @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
H2/17 GREY (-) HOOD PIN INPUT (N/C OR N/O)                 Viper supplied hood pin  -  important safety item
H2/18 VIOLET / YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT     Not Used
H2/19 BLUE (-) TRUNK PIN/ INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT (N/C OR N/O)                GREEN/ red  (-)  at light in trunk
H2/20 GREY/BLACK (-) DIESEL WAIT TO START INPUT                 Not Used
H2/21 WHITE/ BLUE (-) REMOTE START/ TURBO TIMER ACTIVATION INPUT    Not Used
H2/22 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT   Not Used
H2/23 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT ON THE 1.5L ENGINE, USE THE WHITE WIRE AT THE DISTRIBUTOR. 
ON THE 1.8L ENGINE, USE EITHER BLACK / YELLOW OR BLACK/ GREEN WIRE AT IGNITION COIL.
H2/24 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA OEM ALARM ARM OUTPUT          Not Used

Soldering is fun!
fredplus1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
I agree. I verified the wires and they were correct and factory installed. I think the viper alarm should not have a constant 500mv on lock wire.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
What color is the lock wire on the vehicle that you tried to hook too noticed that the 2000 wiring on this site list it as blue/white for door lock but also lists driver lock as blue/red. If you are getting continuity on the lock wire from the Viper you mave have a bad or stuck ondoard relay. You did use diodes with the strip side towards the viper. If the relay is stuck you can pull the power from the viper and see if it resets, also rapping on the brain with something blunt (no power)like a handle of a screw driver may release it, and if not replacing the relay or sending it back are the only options left!
fredplus1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
I believe it was blue/white, but i did not use a diode. I see why that would be a good idea by preventing reverse current flow into the unit. I will see if the brain is the issue. Thank you
kreg357 
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

Once again, many conflicts in the wiring guides. 

Info from Audiovox :

Power Unlock    BLUE/WHITE  (-)           IN A WHITE PLUG NEAR VEHICLE FUSE PANEL  
 Power Lock        LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK  (-)      IN A WHITE PLUG NEAR VEHICLE FUSE PANEL

Info from Omega :

Lock        BLACK/ RED (-)           AT DOOR LOCK CONTOL MODULE BEHIND DRIVER DASH
 Unlock    BLACK/ BLUE (-)         AT DOOR LOCK CONTOL MODULE BEHIND DRIVER DASH

Use a DMM to locate and verify...

Soldering is fun!
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
When hooking up (-)negative triggers for door locks direct it is best to diode to protect not only the viper but the oem module as well.
fredplus1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you all for all the help. Upon further inspection the cars lock wire sends a ground to the module to lock the doors. The viper alarm is sensed ad a ground therefore causing the doors to lock and stay locked. I will tryand use a transistor. When the lock button is pushed a .7 volt signal is felt. Thus should be bought to gate a transistor and allow the ground to be felt by the wire triggering the lock fuction. I will post tommorow if it works.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Then The viper lock relay is stuck closed or has failed try the rapping I suggested to see if it lets go. Otherwise replace relay or unit.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic