the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

is the 13 accord the same as the 12?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
As the title states. Does anyone know if the 13 accord is the same as the 12. I have one to do in there driveway and tribg to avoid a surprise I was going to use an idata ink ALCA module but they only list up to a 12
Thanks Joe
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
Its different according to directechs. No bpass yet, you'll have to use a 556u
ignition wires look pretty standard.
parking lights is (-)gray at the headlight switch.
Brake is lt. Green at the brake pedal.
Trunk is orange(5-wire) listed at the fusebox, but you might find it in the running board.
lock is (-) green, pink for unlock in the drivers kick, 25 pin white plug. pins 24 and 25. Drivers kick in door harness
arm is a purple wire and a blue wire pulsed at the same time, 25 pin white plug-pins 19 & 22. Drivers kick in door harness
Disarm is a red wire and light blue pulsed at the same time. located at 25 pin white plug-pins 18 & 23. Drivers kick in door harness
I haven't done one myself, but thats what listed in directechs.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
The Idatalink bypass will NOT work on the 2013 Accord. As of now there are no bypass solutions in the market made by anyone for this car.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys ill tell him to wait rather than give up a key
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
I just looked into it for one of my customers and idatalink still does not have anything listed, but Fortin shows firmware for the EVO-ALL for the 2013 Accord with Push button start. According to their site, they only list the PTS for the 2013 Accord. However, it still requires giving up a key and using the Fortin INSET membrane inside the key... so not much different other than providing convenience features (locks, alarm, hood pin, door pin, trunk pin, etc)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
chev104275 
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kenny. I told him and he would rather wait for a no key bypass thanks for the info though
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Yea, that's pretty much what I just told my customer as well. I'm hoping that Fortin's bypass (key required) was just a quick solution to get the firmware out and that they will have a keyless option soon. I also sent a message into iDatalink to see if they are making any progress. I'll let you know what I find out.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
I also sent a message into iDatalink to see if they are making any progress. I'll let you know what I find out.
Why???? Do you think that they are holding this info back. They know that people are looking for this solution and will get it to us just as soon as they can. Having people ask when they are going to release it dosent speed anything up.
offroadzj 
Posted: December 18, 2012 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
No, but I like to be able to give my customers at least a general idea. So I like to know if its a high priority vehicle or if it's on the back burner so to say. I assumed it would be a high priority vehicle, but I like to make sure. I could be wrong, but I doubt the people that are running the website / facebook / information pages are not the same people developing the firmware... so it's not like we are slowing them down on the development.
Plus you never know if the firmware is already developed and they are just waiting to get it online...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: December 18, 2012 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
No, but I like to be able to give my customers at least a general idea. So I like to know if its a high priority vehicle or if it's on the back burner so to say. I assumed it would be a high priority vehicle, but I like to make sure. I could be wrong, but I doubt the people that are running the website / facebook / information pages are not the same people developing the firmware... so it's not like we are slowing them down on the development.
Plus you never know if the firmware is already developed and they are just waiting to get it online...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic