the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 dodge ram remote start resistors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, Howard!  2008 dodge ram remote start resistors - Page 3 -- posted image. 
Soldering is fun!
gberland 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
i wish i have joined this forum  before    thanks alot guys i think i have more than enough info to complete the install 2008 dodge ram remote start resistors - Page 3 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  

However, if you are using a Fortin EVO-( ALL, CAN, CHR ) bypass, no relays and resistors are needed. Are you using a Fortin bypass module? If yes, which one?

Soldering is fun!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
gberland, just PMed you. Like Kreg states, buy a Fortin EVO ALL and follow the instructions on tech sheet 5051. If you want to make it real simple, buy the THAR CHR5 harness too(it's an alternative to hard wiring the ignition harness) . It's not a must have for this install but if the harness is cheap enough it will save you some time...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
gberland 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2012 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
well got my bypass today   its a EVO CAN i believe i noticed also besides the usual harness it comes with it came with another harness that plugs right into the ignition pretty sure its a THAR - CHR 2
gberland 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2012 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
so then all i have to do is just wire in the remote start to the according wires and plug in the bypass and this should work hey ?? no resistors involved ?   im sorry guys this is my FIRST Dodge remote start ive done tons of FORDS a few chevys but not a DODGE thanks
kreg357 
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  

EVO-CAN?  Are you sure?  The THAR-CHR2 harness is usually used with the EVO-CHR bypass module.  The EVO-ALL

needs the THAR-CHR5 harness for your truck.

Looks like the EVO-CAN does not use any THAR harness for install with the 2008 Dodge RAM.  Here is a link to

the listed Install Guide for your application that does the transponder bypass function, etc  :
https://ifar.ca/download/5311/evo-can_chrysler_dodge_jeep_%28skreem%29.rev-20120717.pdf
( Note that EVO-CAN Install Guide #3323 does not indicate support for the transponder bypass function.)

Whether you will be able to go D2D depends on which remote starter you will be using.  Went back thru this post

and could not find one listed, so here is a link to Fortin that lists all DataLink compatable brands and their
level ( 1 way or 2 way ) of support :  https://ifar.ca/en/datalink/   If your chosen brand is not listed as DataLink
compatible, then you must manually hardwire all of the install diagrams dashed lines.  It does show one 470 ohm
resistor and a fuse holder with 5 amp fuse as required to effect this install.

I would reccomend a call to Fortin Tech Support for confirmation.

Soldering is fun!
gberland 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  

Yes my bypass had Data to data  i already mentioned that   it plugs right into my  PROSTART Module   ,   Ok so the bypass I  have  is    EVO - CHR-T2   thats what the box says

gberland 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
sorry  i didnt read the box right  last nit 
kreg357 
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

Which ProStart system? CT-3371?  ProStart is not one of the brands I am familiar with.  While the Fortin

Datalink compatibility page does not list any ProStart units, the CT-3371 Install Guide does show a D2D
port for iDatalink and Fortin bypass modules.  In the CT-3371 install guide there is a programming option
to set for the Fortin bypass module, Menu 3, Function 2, Option 3.  The is another programming option for
bypass type, Menu 3, Function 3, Option 1.  This also indicates that only 1 way D2D comm is supported.

Here is a link to the Fortin EVO-CHR install guide : https://ifar.ca/download/5931/preview.html 

You would follow the Connection C diagram on Page 6 for the EVO-CHR T2 (THAR-CHR2) with Data-Link.  If your
ProStart unit can only handle one way comm, all of the dashed lines wire connections would have to be made
between the ProStart and the Fortin EVO-CHR.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic