Brake Shutdown Input

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
c_hawks 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

On manual transmission vehicles, the Neutral Safety wire should go to the Parking Brake wire ( if an actual neutral safety signal is not available ).

What are your plans on the clutch bypass?

Well that was next once I got the other going in the right direction. And honestly not sure for everything I read and research didn't mention any thing about a clutch bypass. I'll have to look and see if I can google any info on it.

Not very planned out on my part.

C_Hawks
2009 Toyota Tacoma Access cab
4 cylinder, manual trans
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
You will need a clutch bypass, as there won't be anyone sitting in the truck to depress the clutch pedal for you when you hit the remote start button at a distance of up to 1 mile...   Brake Shutdown Input - Page 2 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Brake Shutdown Input - Page 2 -- posted image.
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Question then. What do I need to bypass the clutch? I have a clutch start cancel on my truck already. What must be done to make remote start work?
C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Clutch Pedalblue/black (input), BLACK / YELLOW (output)+ N.O.clutch switch, black 2 pin plug, pins 1 and 2
Clutch Pedalblue/black (input), BLACK / YELLOW (output)+ N.O.clutch switch, black 2 pin plug, pins 1 and 2
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

In the interest of not sounding completely retard or insulting. this means what? Other then the obvious that those are the wires for the clutch.

C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Not to sound like an ***, but it doesn't sound like you know enough of what you are doing to take this on. A simple mistake on a remote starter install can cost thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle. Do yourself a huge favor and bring it to a pro. Also, what unit are you installing? If it is not a unit designed for manual transmissions then you need to stop the install completely as you are creating a MAJOR safety hazard.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
The system is a Viper 4704. It is manual transmission capable. It is a little out of my realm of knowledge but it is coming together now. Thanks to all the info and help I have recieved. Will admit after this install I will not do ne again.
C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Well if you insist on doing it, then just make sure that you TEST and verify EVERYTHING. Don't take anything from here or any other site for word. If you don't have a Digital Multimeter, get one before you continue.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

Clutch Pedal  blue/black (input), BLACK / YELLOW (output)  + N.O.  clutch switch, black 2 pin plug, pins 1 and 2

What this means :  When the clutch pedal is fully depressed, the Normally Open switch closes.  This allows the

Blue/Black input wire to pass it's (+) signal thru to the BLACK / YELLOW wire and on to the vehicles starter circuit.

Test:

You should verify this function with a Digital Multi Meter.  Set the DMM to 20V DC, connect the Black test lead to
chassis ground and connect the Red test lead to the Blue/Black wire.  The vehicles ignition must be ON.  You should
see +12V.  Move the Red test lead to the BLACK / YELLOW wire.  You should see 0V.  Slowly depress the clutch pedal.
Near the end of its' travel ( almost to the floor ) the DMM should show +12v.  If everything works as stated continue
on to the bypass.

Bypass:

There are several ways to bypass this type of clutch interlock.  First, you must be using a manual transmission safe

remote starter unit, like your Viper 4704V.  It has built in safeties that ensure the vehicle is parked & locked
with the shifter in neutral and stays locked and un-entered until a remote start.  This ensures everyones safety.

Here is one way to bypass the clutch interlock switch.  It does not alter the normal function of the switch but allows

a bypass during remote start only.  Obtain a Bosch style automotive 30/40 Amp SPDT relay and fuse holder w/ 3 amp
fuse.  Wire as follows :
Relay Pin 85 to Viper 4704V H/3 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT  *** set to 2nd Status
Relay Pin 86 to +12V constant thru 3 A fuse
Relay Pin 87 to Tacoma Clutch Blue/Black input wire
Relay Pin 30 to Tacoma Clutch BLACK / YELLOW output wire
Relay Pin 87A not used - insulate

The relay in its' normal de-energized state has no affect on the clutch interlock circuit.  It will operate normally.

During a remote start, the Viper will output a ground on its' Blue/White 2nd Status wire.  This will cause the relay
to energize.  Once energized the relay will connect Pin 87 to Pin 30, allowing the (+) signal around the clutch interlock
switch to the output wire, making the vehicle think the clutch has been depressed and allow the engine to start.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic