icon

2004 Mountaineer/Explorer Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vinchinzo 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2013 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
No you dont have to diode isolate them at all just make sure you have your alarm set on them triggers to the proper Settings. Normally closed setting on both. =)
When in doubt....kick it!
jsotomar 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2013 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
Ive looked through the manual for the alarm, doesnt have anything for setting the hood/trunk to auto-closed. I dont think I tapped into the right wires for the hood or trunk, sometimes it shows closed and sometimes its open. Can i just run a wire all the way to the trunk and tap into the trunk trigger wire instead of @ bcm? and the same thing for the hood switch?
thanks!
I love Cheese.
tom70 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2013 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  

HI There..  Great post, and install by the way ...I am thouroughly confused and stuck; have been for 2 weeks now.  Hope you can take the additional time to help a fellow out.

1) Can you possibly detail the wiring of your unlock trigger assembly (the one you made)

a. The diode direction is not clear
     b. I can not understand why you need resistors
     c. Why 8 diodes instead of 4? ---I see only 2 wires in your pic ( colors of rears)?
 2) Where excactly and what wires did you tap?
     a. I have the car gutted, so I can access ANY wire ANYWHERE
     b. The wiring schematics online seem to contradict the dome light.   How did you trigger it?
     c.  I can not find the door triggers in the drivers sill.  They run from the sheath in the drivers kick panel, and I can access all of them.
3)  Did you diode protect any other wires.
4) is it neccesary to place a relay on the rear glass pop,   What polarity is it?

Thanks so much for the help

Tommy

tom70 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

heres a follow up to the install...

wired direct to the door pins with diodes.

remote locks/unlocks the car, as well as the alarm going off when any door is opened (except trunk...didnt wire)

now I have a battery drain problem....

once armed everything shuts down.  about 2 mins later, the done light comes on, and the stereo turns itself ion!.   It stays like that until battery drains.

jsotomar 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
what year/make/model car you have and the model of the alarm?
I love Cheese.
jsotomar 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
if on a 02-05 explorer, i found that the ORANGE / light green wire needs to be tapped for the hatch release. This wire is in the passenger-rear sill. You need a relay for this as well.
For the radio/dome being on, maybe check you have the right wiring. I know one wire that I tapped into would turn on the radio and light with no key. I would say check your relay and/or 12+constant wires.
Relay Diagram:
https://www.the12volt.com/12voltimages/neg2pos.gif
I love Cheese.
tommydh 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2013 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged  
Very good pictorial and write up. I am actually gonna be doing a 2004 Explorer this morning so I thank you for the help.
Sometimes your inner idit is smarter than the "experts" that are paid to push a product line.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic