icon

04 grand prix ignition switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxcat 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2012 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

Just picked up a Fortin GM Pats module to go into a 2004 Grand Prix. the question I have is does this vehicle have the large black thumb turn ( for lack of better term) around the ignition switch because the loop supplied with the GM Pats is fairly small and I do not think it would go around the switch. does anyone know if this is the case and if so can the outer black ring be removed to get the bypass loop around the switch.

Any insight would be appreciated.

lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 4:13 AM / IP Logged  
The loop should be adjustable in size. The plastic covers have to be removed from the column to to place the loop around the lock cylinder as close to the outside as possible with out pinching or cutting the loop.
maxcat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply. the loop that came with the module is not ajustable, I have however used the ones that are. I quess i will just take a look when i get the vehicle.
Thanks again for the reply
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
It should still go after you get the covers off if not you can take the lock cylinder out place the wire and put it back in.
maxcat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2012 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Off hand do you know if the cylinder is difficult to pull out. Is it just a release button from the bottom shroud ? Thank you for your reply !!
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2012 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Release button is on the top toward the front I do belive. The switch should be in the on position to remove it. Bottom cover is easy to get off usually, The top is a little more work, but if you have a 90 degree hooked pick you can get to it with out removing the top cover. If you do a search on the net you should find some pics or you tube video to help you out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic