icon

2013 subaru impreza bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tek1001 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2012 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Hi just got my 2013 subaru impreza sport I will be installing a remote start from dei but not sure what bypass to use for this car any help would be great.
tek1001
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2012 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
I would assume it is the same as the 2012 so I would look into an idatalink. It will do security features OR immobilizer (not both). So you can either use it for the security features and wrap a key, use it for immobilizer and hard wire all of your connections, or get 2 bypasses (one for security, one for immobilizer).
The bypass you need is the ADS ALCA but you will have to find somewhere that can flash the firmware (TB SUB for immobilizer / DL SUB for security features)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2012 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
If you use ads al ca on your impreza make sure it's not D2D Idatalink and DEI don't play nice most of the time. If you have the cash you can do a compustar with a blade and an ads al ca. If you choose to do so then everything will be threw data
tek1001 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
will the 556 uw work with this car?
tek1001
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, but you must give up a key...

Soldering is fun!
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
If you have to choose always do the security/imobilizer first, then if you want to do the doorlocks and such by data use second bypass. Always avoid leaving a key if possible, If you lose a key and have to go to dealer for a new one it won't be cheap. Avgerage trip to dealer for new key is $180 and up.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
I always let the customer decide. A lot of new vehicles come with a valet key as a 3rd key. Most of my customers don't ever use the valet key and could care less about losing it. In that case I would rather use the data bypass for security so it is less intrusive to the vehicle and wiring.... and makes my life a little easier. lol.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
jackyyll 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2013 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
So here's the story.
It's Christmas and I get everything I need to give my truck a tuneup and an appointment to have a remote starter installed. Sweet!
It's the day after Christmas, and the motor on my truck blows. Great.
It's now, and I have a 2013 Subaru Impreza. Awesome!
I still have my appointment to get my remote starter installed, but I have some questions.. The guy at the dealership mentioned that they take the valet key and snap it off and leave it inside the car? Is this true? From reading this thread, it seems like it's at least an option...
Now, I don't know how safe that is or how unsafe. Is it worth it to get one of these bypass modules? Is it a ton more expensive?
Any help is appreciated :)
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
jackyyll wrote:
So here's the story.
It's Christmas and I get everything I need to give my truck a tuneup and an appointment to have a remote starter installed. Sweet!
It's the day after Christmas, and the motor on my truck blows. Great.
It's now, and I have a 2013 Subaru Impreza. Awesome!
I still have my appointment to get my remote starter installed, but I have some questions.. The guy at the dealership mentioned that they take the valet key and snap it off and leave it inside the car? Is this true? From reading this thread, it seems like it's at least an option...
Now, I don't know how safe that is or how unsafe. Is it worth it to get one of these bypass modules? Is it a ton more expensive?
Any help is appreciated :)
If you don't want to pay the extra or provide your own upgrade bypass module then yes they will use the key coffin with the valet key to provide the need transponder to start the vehicle. If you pay the extra for a Data bypass module then no key is required for operation only programming and key is given back to you.
You can provide your own bypass for half the cost you will pay them for it, as the markup is huge on add-ons. The Omegalink does the 2012 without a key amd they list that it will do the 2013.
wrote:
Omega Research & Development announces the release its updated TB-SUB firmware now covering data immobilizer bypass for the all new 2012 Subaru Impreza sedan and hatchback models.
Exclusively available for download on Omegalink OL-MDB-ALL and OL-BLADE AL modules, TB-SUB firmware uses KLÔN technology to offer data immobilizer bypass without relinquishing a key at install or requiring a dealer 'scan tool' for programming.
Complete your installation with the updated DL-SUB solution covering data door lock and comfort feature integration for the 2012 Impreza. An additional module will be required.
You can also use the iDatalink ADS-AL CA or ADS-BLADE AL for the KLON (Key Cloning) using the TB-SUB firmware.
The door locks can be hard wired without a bypass.
Or if you want to do the Doorlocks with data also it will require a second bypass with the DL-SUB firmware. IE two of the same bypass modules (excluding the BLADE AL as only one can be used with a compatiable RS) with the different firmware for each function loaded.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic