code alarm ca6550 remote start 98 inte

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:
Is the Neutral Safety Input connected to the same GREEN / WHITE as the Brake Input?  Is this vehicle manual or  automatic? 
AutoMatic and the neutral is connected to E-Brake... BROWN / Red connect peddal BRAKES
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
Try connecting the Neutral Safety to ground.  What is happening when you try to remote start? 
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
when I try to start the RS its turns the lights on but no cranking up. then it trys to start again.. but when I use the key while its doing it..it cranks up and I can remove the key and its still running.. should I take off the
ignition2- pink/white
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

Did the wire the pink/white is connected to test out as an ignition?

Try putting a key in the ignition, do not turn it to on. Then try to remote start the car. Does it start?   It is sounding like you might need a bypass for this car. Although I can not find any info saying this 1998 needs a bypass.  Puzzeling

Did you test and verify all of the ignition wires on the car with a DMM?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
if you put the key in the ignition but do not turn it on, then try to remote start the car, does it start? if it starts and runs then you need to install an immobilizer bypass. being an older acura, you will probably be limited to using a "key in the box" style bypass that takes one of your spare keys and hides it inside a box under the dash.
if you run the test with the key in the ignition and the car still wont remote start and run then you probably have a wiring issue. you might have the wires correct so far but you should make sure that there arent any wires in the car that are not listed in a wire diagram. sometimes there will be an extra ignition wire that needs to be powered.
i would also just ground the neutral safety wire instead of having it connected to the E-brake, its your call but its kind of pointless because the car wont start if it is not in park anyway. having it connected to the parking brake is just going to give you more failed starts everytime you dont set the e-brake
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
YOUTUBE VIDEO TO SEE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYuXc_2lcg&feature=youtu.be
I tried with the key just inside and it does the same thing. let me check the wires with my meter to double check.. with the kill which relay have to do with anything in this problem..
85 red - purple
87a- key side cut wire starter
30 - motor side cut wire starter
86- 12volts
code alarm ca6550 remote start 98 inte - Page 2 -- posted image.
85 red - purple
87a- key side cut wire starter
30 - motor side cut wire starter
86- 12volts
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
Your relay is wired wrong. First just get rid of the relay and put the purple to the starter in the car. If your remote start works, then we will get the relay right using the orange ground while armed.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
ok, so the car doesnt start with the key in the ignition. this means that you have something wired wrong or you are missing a wire completely. hondas and acuras are good for having a 3rd ignition wire. every wire at the main ignition harness should be hooked to something, so if you still have unused wires at the ignition harness then you need to use a meter to find out how those wires behave when you cycle the key and then hook those wires to the appropriate outputs from the remote starter.
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked up everything on the main wire PURPLE-ORANGE everything is hooked. now I'll try to just remove the relay and see if it works. I have a video
thanks guys
soundnsecurity 
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
joelr7309 wrote:
I hooked up everything on the main wire PURPLE-ORANGE everything is hooked. now I'll try to just remove the relay and see if it works. I have a video
thanks guys
i didnt mean that everything from the alarm main harness needs to be hooked up..., i meant that every wire in the cars ignition harness needs to be hooked up. if you have any unused wires on the cars ignition harness then you need to find out what those wires do and hook them to the alarm.
a remote starter works simply by copying what the ignition harness does when you cycle the key to start the car. if a wire has power during a normal start cycle but is not being powered by the remote starter then that is a problem that needs to be fixed. if you have unused wires at the ignition harness then that means they are not getting any power from the remote starter during remote start then that is your problem.
just because the alarm has a certain amount of wires coming from it doesnt mean that your car will have the same amount of wires needing to be powered in order to start and run. sometimes wires need to be added to the remote starter for it to be able to run your car.
also it might not be that you have missed a wire, it could just be that you have an ignition wire being powered as an accessory wire. the difference between an ignition and an accessory wire is that an ignition wire stays powered while you are cranking the starter and an accessory wire will lose power during crank. if you have a wire that tests as an ignition but you have it being powered as an accessory then could also be a reason why your car wont start unless you have the key in the on position.
you cant trust tech sheets and wiring diagrams to be right all the time, you need to test and verify that everything is accounted for and being used the right way. use a meter, test the wires at the ignition harness and verify that everything is getting the power it needs to act exactly like they do when you use the key to start the car.
also the purple starter wire does not hook directly to a relay, it needs to go to the cars starter wire. get the car running before you worry about the starter kill relay.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic