viper 5704 comm issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tylerwayne 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I have installed 2 5901's in my vehicles with no issues what so ever. I recently purchased a 5704 to install into a 65 Shelby Replica I am building.
I have everything wired properly to my knowledge for the system to function. The issue I have is, when I remote the car (EFI 302), the car will start and runs fine, but both the one way and two remotes will not communicate with the brain. I get the dread transmitting waves on the remote followed by the failure buzz.
Basically I could arm my car, remote start my car, open the door (no triggers), key in, press brake and drive off with most likely the alarm sounding (cant disarm). Remote does not receive signal until after car is off. It acts like the transmitter in the brain shuts off while the remote start is on.
This car has no door sensors or anything normal cars will have for secondary wiring hook ups.
I have wiring the remote start as:
Red - 12V+ constant at switch
Orange - 12V+ accessory at switch
Pink - Ignition 12+V switched
GREEN/ Purple = correct sides of starter feed
RED / Black = 12+ for starter feed.
Besides those connections, all I have hooked up are:
12+V and Ground
Siren output
Neutral safety grounded
tach input (set to tach sensing not virtual)
brake shutdown
I swapped out the 5704 brain with a 5901 brain and had the same condition.
This leads me to believe it is a programming issue or wiring issue.
Does anyone know what may cause this condition?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
What happens if you start the car with the key? Can you activate "pit stop" mode? My initial thought would be the ignition system of the car interfering with the antenna.
Kevin Pierson
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
check the settings on the keypad. there are settings on them for how it transmits and receives and how often it updates.
where is the antenna located? i know that sometimes it can have interference from other electrical signals.
tylerwayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
I cannot activate pit stop mode, or arm/disarm while remote start is activated. I can put key in ignition and hit brake pedal and it will stay running.
No issues with starting with key. What I can check is to see if there is any comm with remote while key started. I dont think there should be though, correct?
I thought there may be interference as well, so i stretched out the antenna cable and mounted it 5 feet about the car. Still no luck.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Pit Stop mode is when you start the car with the key, then remote start the car, then remove the key from the car.
The fact that the brake pedal doesn't shut down the remote start concerns me a bit. It almost sounds like the brain is freezing up after remote starting. Have you verified you are getting 12vdc on the brake input wire when you step on the brake?
Kevin Pierson
tylerwayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry if my post was not clear, the brake pedal does shutdown the remote start. this is the only way I can turn it off since the remote will not comm.
Also, with the pitstop mode, I need to verify, but i do not think the pitstop mode will work when the vehicle is running, likely from the comm issue.
I can however cancel the remote start signal during the initial ignition turn, before the engine cranks with the remote.
I have the same symptoms with both 5704 and 5901 brain, wired identically.
tylerwayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
I meant to say that I can take over correctly from a remote start (key in, step on brake), even though my remote does not receive the remote start shutdown notification until after the car is off.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
have you checked the settings in the function menu of the keypad? faulty wiring wont cause the keypad to lose communication only during remote start.
you might also try deleting all keypads from the brain and re-syncing everything from scratch.
tylerwayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
I disconnected power from the unit, repaired the 2 way remote and set it to auto trans mode. It remote starts fine, but still the brain will not receive a command from either 1way or 2 way remotes. During a full trigger alarm, the remote will turn it off FYI.
Thanks,
Tyler
soundnsecurity 
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
have you checked the settings in the function menu of the keypad?
my brain is starting to hurt thinking about what this might be. also did you do anything with the WHITE/ blue activation wire?
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic