icon

viper 5704 comm issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tylerwayne 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I set it to Sec and RS. The power save is ON. What specific settings are you referring to?
Thanks for the help.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
maybe turn power save off. i dont know what setting exactly, i just know that it has settings that control the transmitter functions. there are also different permissions you can set so that other keypads dont have full control because these remotes can be set to multiple alarms. what is "sec"? does that mean you have it set to secondary? i added to my last post but you beat me to it. i wanted to ask if you hooked the WHITE/ blue activation wire to anything?
tylerwayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Sec was short for security, IE remote is in security and RS mode.
WHITE/ blue RS timermode wire is not hooked up. If I ground while RS is active, it will kill the engine. I can start RS with wire grounded and no problems. (except of course lack of communication with remote)....
I posted on another forum and someone thought I was losing either 12V+ or ground when RS activated, hence resetting brain. I checked and ground lost continuity when RS happened. Ran direct wire to battery Negative still have same issues....I checked voltage at brain harnesses during RS startup, all looked consistent.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
remote i believe needs to be in remote start mode, i dont think it can be in both security AND remote start mode. if it is in security mode then i believe the keypads wont work while it sees an ignition source because they dont want you locking the doors while the key is in ignition. power save being on means that it will only communicate and respond when you push a button. it wont update itself automatically, this is why it only tells you about the remote start shutdown when you kill the car and not when you actually deactivate the remote start.
tylerwayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
I have tried it both ways, and still same outcome. I do not know what else it could be. Is there any wire that needs a signal while the engine is running? I am using hard tach hookup
soundnsecurity 
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
man, i have no idea. it has to be a setting somewhere. i have a 5901 on my own truck so im pretty familiar with it even though i dont install a lot of viper alarms overall. mine is a few years old though so yours might have other settings that im not aware of or the setting work differently than what im used to. as far as i know, there is no wire that has anything to do with the transmitter.
tylerwayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, its very frustrating. I am about to pull the 5901 brain out of my truck that everything functions perfectly, just to test it with my setup. Will the brain retain the current settings if it loses power for a few minutes? Or do I need to hook up temp 12V+ power?
eddiebx 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
One thing that might be worthwhile to check is the connections for the antenna; the other day I was testing something out with my 5704 and I didn't feel like pushing the connector into the antenna end all the way in because it is hard to disconnect and I experienced this same exact issue. The alarm brain receives the remote's signal just fine, but it doesn't transmit back to the remote to confirm the operation.
Might be worthwhile to take a look just in case that's the only problem, good luck!
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Did you ever try the Pit Stop mode? I am still curious if the brain loses communications when the car is started with the key, or only when remote started.
Kevin Pierson
tylerwayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:
Did you ever try the Pit Stop mode? I am still curious if the brain loses communications when the car is started with the key, or only when remote started.
So here is a brain buster for yall. FYI I did reseat the antenna cable ends, no change but worth while check.
Two scenarios:
A) I turn the ignition on with key(do not start), click remote start button. the transmit ")))" waves flash on the remote and disappear. This is the behavior on my truck which is normal.
B) I key start car, click remote start, the remote then goes through the ")))" then the "((((" then finally the "X" with buzz for transmit failure....so no Pit stop mode...
I have the tach hardwired from the ECC, could this cause an issue? The only differences between A and B listed above, is there is a 12V signal sent through the starter wires on B and there is a voltage signal to the tach wire.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic